Chapter 18

Koi-Koi

-.-

D/C: I own nothing.

-.-

Shikaku held on to the small hands of his son, as he helped his walk around the office. He is helping his young son to learn to walk and it appeared the only way he could get Shikamaru to be interested in doing so, is by using his quirk. The older Nara used his quirk of Shadow Manipulation and made the shadows come to life and it was clear the little fawn is more interested in that than his own father.

Several more steps later, Shikaku slowly began to let go and allowed Shikamaru to walk on his own. Shikaku felt great pride and joy fill within his chest as he watches his son walking around the office with the occasional help of his quirk. Taking in a deep breath, he began to wonder how many of these moments he would come to witness. He had used up his personal days, vacation days and even sick days to spend as much time he could in the first year in his son's life.

Deep down, Shikaku wishes for time to stop so that he could have more time to spend with his son…

-.-

"To be truthful… I understand the downsides of the superhuman society. I do." Shikamaru shrugged as the villains told him of their views of the world around them. He looked over at the television screen to see how a reporter is questioning Aizawa about how he's a horrible teacher and how little faith everyone has in U.A.. That and how the young Nara has the skills to become a villain, and some other shit that clearly is not him, bunch of troublesome crap. "Kami knows how many times people tried to beat me up when they assumed I was quirkless…"

"How did your parents treat you till then?"

This question came from Dabi, this had Shikamaru raise and eyebrow at his direction. From what the Nara had gathered from his own intel, and sneaking around his father's office for several years… the guy has severe daddy issues. "One way or another, they planned for me to take over the family's ranch and help at my dad's hero agency. Me having a quirk is just a plus…"

"Why be a hero?" Tomura felt he made a bad choice in choosing Nara to possibly join the League of Villains. The brat isn't doing what he expected he should be doing. Nara should be joining the League, conforming to their ideals and not making himself question everything he ever knew. "Why? You're father never paid any sort of attention towards you growing up! Time, time after again, the hero is hardly a father! We did our research, we know how that man never once bothered with you!"

"So?"

"So?!"

"And?"

"You should b-"

Knock-

Knock-

"Delivery from Suna's Ice Shop!"

Without any sort of hesitation, Shikamaru dropped to the ground. Not even a second later, the door was broken down and a massive gust went through the bar causing chaos everywhere. The downside to this, he fully knows who's wind quirk belongs to. Looking up, standing by the now destroyed entrance of the bar along with several other heroes.