Chapter 13

Koi-Koi

-.-

D/C: I own nothing.

-.-

Fatherhood is a... sore subject for several students of class 1-A. It became rather well known around the class to not talk about parents or upbringings unless the time calls for it or when mentioned. It was becoming increasingly known that Shikamaru father hasn't contacted him for who knows how long. Every call back home during lunch breaks, or whenever that phone rings, Shikamaru appears to become irritated or even detached when his father is not available to talk to.

Increasingly evident that Shikamaru wants to talk to his father, and he longer wants to hear his mother saying to him that his father is busy to talk to him for once.

-.-

Day one of training is going rather... well? Everyone is doing their own things to help further along their respective quirks or skills. Some had easier or harder times than others compared to the rest of their respective classmates... Then there was one that was doing his own type of training...

"You consider this to be training?" Aizawa deadpanned, staring down at Shikamaru, who is laid on his back cloud watching.

"I'm cleansing my mind." Shikamaru answered, he cracked open an eye to see the man giving him a raised eyebrow. "I'm trying to figure out what I should primarily focus on with my training. Should I increase my stamina, strength, combat tactics, practicing with my trench knives, kunai and shuriken stars... endless of things to train."

"And your quirk...?"

"It connects to everything. Do you know how to play shogi?"

"...yes." Aizawa didn't like the way how Shikamaru smirked at him.

-.-

"How are you doing that!" Mina yelled out, causing everyone in her proximity to turn around to see Ino... walking up a tree. Literally walking up a tree. Far as everyone was concerned, her quirks did not allow her to walk up a tre... and now she's standing upside down on a branch.

Ino, who was paying no mind, is primarily focused on retrieving her needles from the tree. Her goal of the day, precision when under the effects of poisoning. Due to her secondary quirk, there are times she becomes affected and needs to find ways to fight through it. So far... she's doing rather well. Her aim is getting better and she isn't puking her guts out yet. Wait... nope, Ino griped her stomach as a wave of nausea hit her.

Okay, break time.

Grabbing the rest of her needles, Ino put them in her utility pouch she has wrapped around her above her right knee. Reaching into her belt, she pulled out a violet pill before popping it into her mouth. Antidote to the poison she had inhaled earlier. Taking in a deep breath, Ino launched herself off the branch towards the ground, she tucked herself into a ball and unfurled herself as she got closer to the ground. With both feet and right arm, she slid across the ground with a heavy breath.

"Okay, I'm going to spend tomorrow rereading my notes. The pill is too weak." Ino mused as she stood up and did a mental checklist of her symptoms. Turning around, Ino was taken aback when she saw several of her classmates surround her, giving her questioning looks. "What?"

"How did you do that?" Mina pointed at the tree and Ino, going back and forth.

"Is was it connected to your quirk, Ino?" Momo asked.

"That was so cool!"

"How!"

"Was it a support item?"

Ino turned around to look at the tree and back at her classmates, wondering what they were talking about. When she finally got it, the Yamanaka pointed down at her ankle boots. "Stability Walkers. Only produced by Ten for Ten Support Weapons, only in Konoha, Suna, Kiri, Kumo, Iwa and some other smaller villages. Plus... you're only allowed to get their items unless a Shinobi Registration Number... which you could only get them through their respective schooling systems."

"Damn, really?"

"You can't, and you can't make a copy of these without dealing with a copy rights law." Ino made a pointed look over at Momo, who looked back at her sheepishly. "They have the sole patent in this, and any knockoffs don't even reach to the levels of Ten for Ten."

"That seems rather counterproductive for a Support Company." Momo stated, examining Ino's boots. "Is it the booth as a whole or simply the soles? How come you never used them before until now? Imagine if they were mass produced..."

Ino shot her a smile as she shrugged at her general direction. "They primarily work with schools to ensure everyone has a fair chance to become a hero with the right tools and weapons."

"What else do they make?"

"Hehehehe...." Ino giggled evilly, oh now is the perfect opportunity to distract them. "Well... they make, kunai, shuriken stars, needles, ninja wire, katanas, tanto's, armor... Let's not forget the average price range of all the items."

"Okay, how much does the average for those stability walkers?"

"Well... 35,000,000 to 1,000,000, it mainly va-to much?" Ino asked when she saw everyone blanch at hearing the price. "Don't even get me started on modifications."

There was no way in hell anyone is even capable of getting a pair of those shoes in that price range, ran through many of Class 1-A's minds.

"Er... Ino, how much did your cost?"

From a distance, Choji and Izuku were training near them, it was mainly Choji helping Izuku iron out his fighting stances. They will still close enough to hear Ino going on about the Support Company Ten for Ten.

"The company... Tenten primarily makes the weapons they sell?" Izuku asked after dodging an upcoming attack. "She's a second year at U.A.?"

Choji pulled back, his arms still in front of him but now going on defense. "Shikamaru told me you trained under Rock Lee for a short while. But yea... Her parents run Ten for Ten, they named her after the company. Her family is an old traditional family of blacksmiths that transformed themselves to fit in Modern Times. How much did Lee told you about her?"

"That she gives you guys free support items?"

"Ah..." Choji deadpanned. "She actually makes us test out her babies on us before they hit the shelf. In exchange of free stuff... Believe me, it sucked when we were all younger. I still have the scar when one of her previous designs failed horribly on me. But it did get my clan a massive discount on the Expansion Staffs... I don't know if that was a good or terrible thing to think about..."

Izuku bit the insides of his cheeks when he saw Choji drone under his breath of all the times Tenten's support items failing massively during the testing stages and how he got the brunt of it all. He couldn't help but be reminded of all the times he mumbled to himself.

-.-

"How..." Aizawa couldn't believe his eyes, he lost several games shogi in a row. Sure, he might not be considered to be the world's greatest player, but he could hold his own. Not against Shikamaru Nara though... The kid easily saw through his plan, game after game. Whenever he attempted to change tactics, Nara already had devised a counter attack against him.

"Wow... you suck."

Shikamaru and Aizawa looked up from the board game to see Hitoshi looking over the board with a bored expression. "What?"

"There's some creeper kid looking for you, Aizawa-sensei. Something about Class 2-A?"

"...Could you describe him?"

"This high, red hair, very baggy eyes, has a tattoo like scare of the left side of his forehead? Ringing any bells?"

"...Oh no, no, no, no, no..." Shikamaru started to move away from the board, he kept looking around the area as he tried to make his escape. Emphasize on try.

"Nara Shikamaru..."

"What a drag..."

To be continued...