Old Ways

Author's Note
So close to the end now, this story has been a ride for me. If you're enjoying it, I'd love to hear your comments and if you're not, I'd love to hear your suggestions. Thanks to all of you who have read this.
As always, please enjoy!

Narrator
It hadn't taken them long to find help, but it didn't change how worried they were. The new plan was simple, the shear number of people made it so, but even that couldn't make them feel any better. They wondered if they should have gone back for Zu, with her portals, she could probably reach the captured with ease and they wouldn't even be having this problem. But they hadn't, so here they were.

"Stop worrying Icyhot, it's getting on my damn nerves." Ground Zero spat, grinding his teeth as Shouto paced back and forth mercilessly, "They'll be fine."

"You're worried too, Bakugou."

The spiky blonde sent him a glare that was really only meant as a reminder that if they were in costumes they were called by their hero names. That was the rule. But anyone else would assume he was being menacing as the male crossed his arms to hide the constant tapping of his fingers, turning his head away with that ever-present scowl. He hated that they weren't allowed to do something, the police had taken charge now.

The signal was given to charge, and with brute force, the police broke through the walls and burst into the area. The first room they came to held what looked like a discarded poker game, making the silence of the place eerie and alien— like a ghost house. It wasn't long after, that they came across a hall containing two unconscious villains, five pairs of anti-quirk handcuffs and five empty chairs. The villains were immediately taken away as procedure demanded. 

They continued to wander the corridors soon finding themselves hearing sounds reminiscent of a fight of some sort. The sounds got louder as they marched through the hallways until they came across a large hall filled with tables. There, they found Deku fighting with closed eyes alongside the Ghost against multiple villains, the Ghost shouting commands to the hero every now and then to help while four heroes lay, seemingly sleeping, on the floor.

Naturally, that was when the armed team began dropping like flies, each of them succumbing to sleep on by one. Some of them got a few good shots at the villains before they fell but all in all, they had been no help to the heroes at all. So much for a rescue.

It seemed like hours before anybody beyond a few unconscious villains came out of the building and the first person to exit took more than a few by surprise. It was the Ghost— hood covering his face as always— holding an unconscious Red Riot while Deku carried Invisible Girl and Ingenium beside her.

Passing the sleeping heroes to some medics Deku began to talk to an officer who seemed to be trying to arrest the vigilante. Ground Zero didn't understand why Deku wouldn't just let the officer do it, a vigilante wasn't the same as a hero after all.

Shouto and Ground Zero quickly hurried over to them but the pair had already gone back into the building along with additional officers. The two males were quickly made aware of the situation and rushed in themselves to start helping the clear-out efforts but Deku and the Ghost had apparently disappeared.

"Sho!" someone whispered desperately, drawing the attention of both men. It was Deku, who was making strange head gestures to convince them to come round the corner with him. Confused, they watched the people around them carefully as they slunk after Deku into an empty room with five chairs and pairs of discarded handcuffs, along with the Ghost, struggling with his own pair of cuffs and Aizawa, who was out cold on the floor.