Dance with the Devil

Narrator
"So, you can still say no but, my dad has agreed to a time when he can meet you."

It had been a few days since Suzumi had started her after-school classes and she had just gotten back to her room, planning to flop on her bed until it got late before teleporting to Bakugou's when Todoroki had knocked.

"I'm still ok with it," she confirmed, rubbing her eyes to stay focused and awake, "when does he want to meet?"

He gave an apologetic look, "Dinner this weekend,"

Suzumi barely reacted, "Sure, sounds like a plan, I'm gonna sleep now, night Todoroki,"

"Goodnight."

She shut the door and collapsed in a heap on her mattress. She knew she wasn't allowed to sleep yet because of the risks so she kept herself awake by running through the lesson Aizawa had given her. Most of the stuff they did was theory and practise, things like keeping your cover even when you think it's gone horribly wrong, or leading the target to believe certain things about you (in her case, she had to appear more willing to be violent, more villain-like basically) and the rules pertaining to backing out. Also, the kind of information she should be gathering, what's important and what's not. It was all very useful, but it could get exhausting, she wasn't sure she'd last doing all that full time but she couldn't worry about that now.

She had to go through with it anyway, she refused to let anyone else take her place.

The weekend came quickly and Suzumi soon found herself walking home with Todoroki. She'd basically spent the entire trip panicking and prepping, "So I definitely do not mention Midoriya at all,"

"Exactly."

Suzumi nodded, thinking about all the possible horrible things Endeavour could say or ask.

Suzumi stared at the door to his house for a few moments, "You can still back out," he reminded her.

"Yeah, and how angry would that make him?"

"Zu-"

"I'm fine, let's go."

Todoroki rang the bell and a moment later a woman with white hair dotted with short, red streaks appeared beyond the open door. Fuyumi smiled at her brother and his guest before welcoming them into the house. Suzumi remained politely quiet, smiling and nodding at Fuyumi as she made small talk. Suzumi and Todoroki slipped off their shoes and wandered into the main living area where steaming food was already laid out on the table and Endeavour was already seated.

Todoroki and Fuyumi took their seats opposite each other either side of Endeavour, allowing Suzumi the opportunity to not be right next to him.

"It's nice to meet you properly Miss Hirota."

Suzumi
I hate him already, "And you," I respond courteously. We say a quick thanks for the meal before serving ourselves the food of the buffet-style meal. The meal passes by in an awkward silence and it feels like one wrong move could cause some sort of explosion, "I must admit I was surprised that you wanted to meet me," I say, trying to break the silence without picking a taboo topic.

"Yes well," he returns in his booming voice, "I wanted to meet the girl my son has been pining and moping over for the last year."