Questions

Narrator
As soon as she woke up, dressed and came downstairs, she thanked Momo and Todoroki who were both already in the kitchen, being the two of the biggest early birds of the class, still apologising for waking them both up. Momo soon left, leaving Todoroki and Zu alone as sunlight began to trickle in through the windows.

"What was your nightmare about?" Todoroki asked as Zu distracted herself with making breakfast.

"I'll give you one guess."

"Your dad."

"Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!" It came out much harsher than she intended.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She placed the box of cereal to one side, keeping her back to him, "Are you really giving me a choice?"

Todoroki thought about it for a moment, "No."

Zu took a deep sigh and turned, looking him in the eye for a moment before letting those orbs retreat to the safety of anything that wasn't his eyes, "Do you think I could kill?"

Todoroki froze. "If you mean are you physically capable, then yes. If you mean emotionally, psychologically, then I don't know."

"But if you had to say?"

Todoroki looked at her and took more than a few deep breaths as he thought about the question. "I think anyone can do it if they're scared enough-"

"But what if they weren't scared? What if they were just angry?"

"People do stupid things they regret when they're angry."

Suzumi was silent for a few moments, "Including murder?"

"I guess."

He could tell that wasn't quite the response she wanted. There were a few beats of silence between them as Todoroki thought about how he could help her feel better about this, "After everything he did to you, you have every right to hate him, to want him dead-"

"But to kill him?"

An idea struck. Something Aizawa had mentioned had got him thinking and now it was time to test it out. "Come with me!" he said suddenly, pulling Zu along.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere else."

"Don't we need permission?"

"We won't be gone long,"

Zu didn't think Aizawa would like them leaving so soon after they were kidnapped, let alone leaving without permission, "Well, if you just tell me I can get us there sooner."

Todoroki stopped, practically slapping his face with his hand at being so stupid. "It's a local gun range."

Suzumi closed her eyes in concentration out of habit as portals sent her images of nearby gun ranges, she really wasn't sure why they were going to one but Todoroki seemed set on it so she played along.

She named a few of the places she saw in her mind's eye until Todoroki told her "That's it!"

She opened up the portal and they walked through together, the range was just opening up as they crossed the street to go inside.

For whatever reason, the range knew Todoroki and he told them he was teaching his friend how to use firearms as part of a school thing. They were happy to let him do it which took Zu completely by surprise.

When they entered the actual firing room, Todoroki took a submachine gun off one of the many walls filled to the brim with firearms and placed it in Zu's hands.