Untitled Part 119

Chapter 119: Way to Survive

The sky is no longer lit. Under the night, the wind brought the distant roar of monsters.

Even the small pickup car doesn't even dare turn on the lights as it carefully traveled on the road.

Several thick canvases layered the top of the car, manually welded metal railings on both sides. There's an unpleasant smell on the car. The source was coming from a stack of kraft paper bags in the corner. Blood slowly oozed from the inside.

A young ability holder stared at the paper bag in disgust. He touched his empty stomach, tangled and then asked, "Uncle Ma, the news you got is correct? Can we really eat cooked food in the base?"

"What are you saying? Aren't there just fewer people in this country? Don't worry, if there's really no fire ability holder......"

His name is Uncle Ma, a dark-skinned middle-aged man. His rough palms have thick calluses, apparent signs of doing physical work, and he seemed to be the leader of this group. He had a smile on his face, and he's in the safest position in the pickup truck.

Those ability holders who can't stand the bumps sat near the vents and back of the car.

They more or less have clothes on them. Even the girls are unkempt, with a few having mud marks on their cheeks. Everyone looks like a startled bird, holding a sharp object in hand.

Some are knives; some are small half-steel bars, and there's even someone who held a bottle opener.

They are separated from each other by a distance. It is the Abandoned World's way of teaching them how to survive the hard way, stay close with others, so if there's an attack, two people can defend.

Abandoned World is dangerous. People are forced to rely on the power of a group to survive, but people are scarier than monsters making the ability holders alert to each other. They want to sleep but still have to keep an eye open.

For most ability holders, there are no relatives in this world, no friends, and no acquaintances they can trust——they survive alone and drank blood like a primitive man.

"There are not only fire ability holders in the army, but there's also water ability holders!"

Cooked food, clean drinking water, and can lie in a soft bed without worrying about being attacked by monsters. It's no different from heaven on earth.

The ability holders in the pickup truck all show longing eyes, hoping that the rumors are true, but also afraid that the facts don't match.

"When we left with Uncle Ma, isn't there someone who doesn't believe it, and said that there are guns in the military. They have enough resources stocked up and when the soldier's rations are not enough, why would they care about our lives?"

Uncle Ma snorted, "Do you think I'll dare to travel through the highway for a long time, and run the risk of being eaten by monsters to reach Haicheng if there's no conclusive news?"

"You're far-sighted......"

"Put away your scholarly words. Being far-sighted or something, I just saw the group of ability holders who went to Haicheng......you've seen them, the guys wearing black badges."

"Black Abyss?" Everyone was surprised.

Abandoned World has been around for a long time, and groups of all kinds have emerged. The groups helped each other grow, but these organizations are only a little more prominent before meeting someone who would "drop in and recommend themselves". Black badge with a golden rim. They have different ages, but what they all have in common is that they knew the monsters well. They also got some confidential information, so they're very popular with small groups of ability holders.