Untitled Part 90

Chapter 90: Assessment

The manhole cover slightly raised, showing a gap.

Here in the Abandoned World, it happens to be night, and dim lights shone on the street.

The roar of the monkeys came from the rooftops. A silhouette ran, and the figure of monkeys flashed from time to time from behind.

These monkeys are flexibly bouncing from building to building, extending its long arms, and wanting to take people away. The man who escaped panted. Once he wasn't paying attention, his swinging arm was caught by a monkey. His whole body went out of balance and fell down.

Seeing the prey at hand, the monkey excitedly clamored.

At this time, its companions that are squatting up high gave a warning shout.

Corpse Crows are coming again? The monkey angrily looked up, looking for the bastards who've been robbing their food lately.

"*boom*!" The manhole cover blew up. Two monkeys were stunned and fell from the shop signs.

A huge mushroom rose with a trunk as tall as a person. After the manhole cover flew, the mycelium scattered, looking like a big net, and covering several monkeys.

The other monkeys left their companions, turned around and ran.

The mushrooms rushed out from the sewers and out of the manhole to chase their prey.

Some monkeys climbed to the high buildings, and others broke into houses. The latter is unlucky since their exit is sealed as the mushroom came from below, spraying mycelium from the shower head and sinks.

The hyphae grew in the direction of the wind, like a pudgy cream coming out of a piping bag. It opened its umbrella unique to fungus, and instant mushrooms all over the floor.

The screams are endless, and the hunt came to an end.

The aftermath is that the rescued person is sitting on a mushroom bush, his body stiff and motionless.

"You pass the assessment, good performance."

From a flower shop on the roadside, a young man came out with his hand holding a form. With a ballpoint pen in hand, he drew a tick behind several options. At the top of the form is a digitally printed color photo, looking exactly the same as the one sitting on the mushroom.

The young man holding the form walked towards the mushroom bush, and the mycelium immediately wraps around him. He is very calm and did not struggle. After the mycelium found that he's not food, they got bored and left.

So he went straight to the person who was almost taken away by the long-armed monkeys, then held out his hand, " Hello, my name is Yang Chao. Welcome to Black Abyss, an Abandoned World Survival Group!"

After a life and death assessment of "assisting in feeding the mushrooms", the other person's face is white. While trying to ignore the mushrooms around him, it took him a long time to get up.

"Yang-ge, hello. I'm Zhang Tao."

The name is in the form, so Yang Chao certainly knows. He examined the new member, and seeing that the other's face is submissive, he feels a little uncomfortable.

"You were taken to the mountains, until a month ago. A spider attacked the gang's den. The people with you are eager to escape and as a result, was discovered by the spider. All are eaten. Only you are lying alone in a broken house, waiting until the end of the Abandoned World, and went to the police to escape. You were finally brought to the Haicheng Military District by the Secret Service Red Dragon, and participated in the survival training of ability holders?"