{31} Overindulging

***

***

I WAS IN the hallway with Elena and Matt, as Elena explained this "Uncle John" to us. Well, she was filling in Matt on the situation, and explaining it to me since I didn't know him. "He said his trip is open-ended," Elena explained to Matt.

"Uncle John, I never really liked that guy," Matt said.

"Does anyone?" Elena questioned with a scoff, turning to me. "He's a bit... Weird. I can't really explain him, Charlotte, you'd have to meet him yourself," she said to me.

"I don't think I want to," I replied with a chuckle, as Matt chuckled with me. 

"I'm here for moral support if you need me," The blond busboy explained, jokingly.

"Thanks, I think I'll suffer this one alone; you've been through enough," Elena said with a sad smile.

"Thank you by the way, for just... For everything, you did at Vicki's funeral and the memorial. I couldn't have done it without you," Matt sincerely thanked her.

"Of course Matt," Elena explained with a nod, as they looked at each other. Elena checked her phone for a moment, then looked back up. There was a long pause before Elena smiled and began to talk again, "So, is Caroline still baking for you guys, around the clock?"

"She finally went to her dad's, which is a good thing because my mom was going to strangle her if she dropped off one more lasagna," Matt explained with a smile, closing his locker as he walked off.

Elena smirked and locked arms with me, "Come on, I have to talk to Alaric, he texted me a second ago and told me to see him before class. Come with me." I gave her a look and she smiled at me, "There's a reason it wasn't a question, Char. I need you there for my moral support."

"I thought you wanted to 'suffer alone'," I replied, looking over at her.

"Alone.. with my best friend," Elena corrected with a smile. "Besides, it's Matt. My ex. I'm dating Stefan, as you know—"

"Can't forget," I cut in with a large fake grin. "I've definitely heard things that I don't need nor want to hear," I said with a playful shiver, as she slapped my arm harshly. "Ouch!"

"Anyway, he's my ex. He's Caroline's boyfriend you could say, and he's not you. He isn't my best friend or a female," Elena replied with a smile.

***

Alaric, Elena, and I were stood in his room. "I made a copy of a paper Jeremy wrote for me. I think you should take a look at it," Alaric explained. He was sitting on his desk and he grabbed the paper, inspecting it for a moment, before handing it to Elena.