{12} Vicki the Vampire Doesn't Have A Ring to It.

***

***

We all walked to the car in silence, none of us really not really knowing what to say. When we got to the car, Stefan opened the door for Elena and before she got in, she stopped. She slowly turned to Stefan, "The mind control...You said Katherine used. Do you ever do that to me?"

"No," Stefan replied. Stefan pointed to the necklace around Elena's neck making her look down at it. "That necklace, it contains an herb called vervain. It protects you from being compelled. I wanted to protect you from Damon's influence. But I also wanted to...Protect you from me. Elena, you should never take that necklace off...Because no matter what happens after today, no matter how you feel about me...You'll know that you were free to make your own choice."

***

When the three of us got to Elena's house, we saw Matt, Jeremy, and Vicki. Matt and Jeremy were looking at Vicki in alarm. We all looked at the three with confusion. What could've happened while we were gone? It seemed like Elena had the same question, "What's going on?"

"She's really messed up." Matt replied to her question.

"Elena, back up. Vicki, look at me. Focus. You're gonna be fine. Everything's gonna be fine." Stefan said looking at Vicki straight in the eyes. Stefan turned to the other two boys in the room, "Guys, take her up to bed. Shut the blinds. She's gonna be okay. Come on. Come on." The boys took Vicki and did as Stefan asked. I sighed knowing what all of this was.

"You know what's wrong with her?" Elena asked worriedly.

"Yeah." Stefan replied.

"What is it?" Elena questioned a little breathlessly.

"She is transitioning." I responded. I was upset that something like this happened. I just think that it's so cruel that people have to go through tough decisions like this one. Sure people should make tough decisions, but not this one. This one is life and death, one that people should never have to choose.

"Transitioning to what?" Elena asked. She is just so full of questions.

"A vampire." Stefan replied with no hesitation.

"What?" Elena had a look of surprise on her face.

"Damon must have gotten to her. She's new. She hasn't completed her transformation yet." Stefan explained to her.

"H-how does she do that?" Elena asked hesitantly. Like she was afraid of the answer that she might hear and she should be.