{13} Alert! Runaway Vampire On The Loose!

"I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here

"I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here. Why can't I just go home?" Vicki asked, obviously filled with boredom. The curtains were closed and only a small sliver of light could be seen. This was all Damon's fault. His fault we're spending our day stuck here trying to help Vicki. If he hadn't turned her we wouldn't be here in the first place! I'm sat next to Damon in a small chair as Stefan started to speak.

"Because you're changing, Vicki. And it's not something you wanna do alone," Stefan explained, looking down then back to Vicki. That's true, I remember when I was in transitioning... I wasn't alone though, I had my now late older brother Jason with me. Maybe that's somehow worse. But after the fire, well... I can only assume that my dear brother had perished. So I should be thankful I had him for as long as I possibly could.

"There's nothin' about that Logan guy I killed in here. Not a word. Someone's covering it up," Damon said from beside me, taking the newspaper he had held in his hands that we were both inspecting and abruptly started to fold it up, catching me by surprise. He grabbed the Gilbert Watch, causing me to look down at it, even more intrigued.

"What is that?" Vicki asked, eyeing the watch in the eldest Salvatore's hand. Nothing you should know about, I thought, but didn't realize I had said it out loud until Vicki decided to talk again, "You know, I didn't think vampires could get headaches until I heard your voice, Char." I sent her a look as Stefan held a look of amusement whereas Damon held that unreadable smirk on his face.

"Much to our delight, we have a lady fight, Stef," Damon said, before looking back down at the watch to answer Vicki's question, "This is a very special, very old compass. What was Logan Fell doing with it? Aren't you curious?" Damon looked from Stefan to the watch. I'm sure as hell curious, I don't know about those two. Our lives are at jeopardy, with them knowing about vampires and all.

"Well, if you're so worried that somebody's onto you, why don't you just leave town, Damon?" Stefan asked defensively, turning to look at him. Damon gave Stefan a look that read something along the lines of 'you know I can't'. It was a look Stefan had apparently knew all too well. "You've waited this long. You can wait longer. The oracle said it would be on your own terms," Stefan said to Damon.

"Yes, little brother. And I say right now," Damon shrugged, turning to look at me as his eyes lingered a little longer than usual. Oracle? What did they mean? What did this oracle say? But before I could have a chance to ask, Damon spoke again. "We should all be worried," Damon added, looking at Stefan.

   "Hey, um, I'm hungry. Do you have anything to eat?" Vicki asked, looking over at Stefan. Stef stood up and reached for a brown cup on a plate, handing her the cup. He handed it to her and she took it, inspecting it. "What is it?" Vicki asked, looking at it with a disgusted grimace gracing her features. She even sniffed it, making me scrunch my nose up.

   "It's what you're craving," Stefan said, sitting down as he leaned forward, his hands clasped together with his arms on his thighs. He seemed to be waiting for her response and reaction to the liquid I could smell from here, the animal blood. My eyes started to turn red and veins popped out under my eyes like goosebumps rising. I heard Damon smirk and mutter something about how he loves a girl with no control. I sent him a glare as he looked over at Stefan.