{20} Georgia

***

***

IT WAS LATE at night when I heard the ring of my cellphone from my nightstand. I picked it up, only to find it was Damon. I answered the call, being met with immediate chatter, "Elena got in an accident. I think she needs a sort of vacation away from Mystic Falls. She's going to need a girl with her, do you want to come? No time to pack, we're going to Georgia."

I was speechless, but finally found my voice a few moments later, "Yeah, I'll be right out." I grabbed my cellphone charger and my wallet, slipping my phone in my pocket. Thank God I hadn't changed for bed already or I would have had to pass this opportunity up. I ran outside when I had what I needed, only to be met with another phone call.

It was once again Damon. "Speed about a mile or so down the road. Elena passed out, I don't know when she's going to wake up." I didn't say anything, only hung up and sped to the door, seeing Elena laying in the backseat. I took the front as we began on our way to Georgia. I was impulsive. This was an impulsive decision. The only problem is that I'm not adventurous...

[ 𝙷𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚂 𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝚁 ]

Damon and I finally heard our very own sleeping beauty stir in the back. I looked back there to find her now sitting up from her laying position,

"Morning," Damon said cheerfully.

"Where are we?" Elena asked him, cutting right to the chase. Her hand went to her head and hair, obviously stretching and fixing her hair in some way. It was a normal gesture for when you just woke up.

"Georgia," Damon replied simply, although he had a weird way of saying it. It was crazy to think we were driving to Georgia right now, probably insane to Elena who has never been outside of Mystic Falls.

"Georgia? No, no. No, we're not. Seriously, Damon. Where are we?" Elena asked, turning to him. She then looked over at me, "Charlotte? You're in on this too?" She huffed a bit as I chuckled.

"Seriously, we're...we're in Georgia," Damon explained, looking over at me. "And yes, she is. She's my accomplice in this whole thing. How ya feeling, Elena?"

Elena seemed to stutter her words, so Damon decided to just cut in and speak, "There's no broken bones. I checked."

"But my car...there was a man...I hit a man. But then he got up, and...who was that?" Elena asked, more than confused. Damon seemed to leave out a little part in his story: the man part. The part where Elena hit a man and he got up.

"That's what I would like to know," Damon replied back to her.

"Where is my phone?" Elena asked, looking in her lap and in her seat. "Okay, We really need to go back. Nobody knows where I am." She made a decent point, but we were already in Georgia. We couldn't just turn bad around now. "Pull over. I mean it, Damon. Pull over! Stop the car!"