Chapter 7

"My name is Trevor Henderson."

Trinity's mouth fell open and Trevor just stood there.

Thunder crackled in the sky and Trinity jumped back into reality.

"What?" She asked. "Trevor?"

Trevor simple nodded. He knew she was shocked by his presence and he felt the exact same way. This was the first time he has ever seen a female in a very long time.

Trinity remembered the storm and moved to the side.

"Come in, Trevor." She suggested and Trevor hastily walked into the cabin. Trinity's eyes never left Trevor. She was bewildered on why he was here.

Her mind was racing. Why was he here? Does he father know of this? Did he set this up?

Trinity shut the door and stood face to face with Trevor. He wasn't a tall man, he was around 5'8 but compared to Trinity he was tall.

"Listen, I know you're shocked but I have a reason for being here. I'm not here to harm you in anyway." Trevor assured the confused girl.

Trevor ruffled his damp brown hair and brushed the drops of water off his jacket.

"Did my father send you here?" Trinity asked walking past him.

"No. Raymond doesn't even know I'm here." Trevor responded, following closely behind.

Trinity didn't want to be near the boy. She knew how important she is to the world if people found out her location and this English boy could expose her.

"Why are you here?" Trinity asked.

Trevor's father was correct. They are alike.

"My father was right. We are alike."

Trinity remembered her father saying the exact same thing but she ignored that

"Why are you here?" She repeated, clenching the knife she still had in her hand.

Trevor noticed the knife and cleared his throat.

"I'm here to make sure you don't die." Trevor simply explained and Trinity rolled her eyes.

"I'm capable of taking care of myself. Thank you very much." Trinity told him, folding her arms. "I don't need a man to protect me."

"That's not what I meant." Trevor told her and Trinity averted her eyes. "My father has a plan to kill you."

Trinity eyes shifted to Trevor. "The creator of Typhonic?"

Trevor nodded. "Yes and I'm here to make sure he doesn't go through with it. You're our last hope, Trinity."

"What about my father?" Trinity asked with worry rushing through her body.

"I don't know what my father's intentions are with Raymond but it can't be good." Trevor informed.

Trinity was lost in thought. She wanted to find her mother but her father's safety was more important.

"So what do we do about it?" Trinity asked. "We can't just stay here and let Martin hurt my father."

"You're right but we can't lose you either." Trevor objected and Trinity let out a quiet sigh.

Trinity picked up a mug of coffee and sipped it. Trevor noticed something was wrong as she sipped her coffee.

"I can tell you're nervous." Trevor mentioned.

Trinity shook her head not making eye contact.

"Not nervous. Terrified."