Part 8

Daisuke Uchiha.

Sasuke realized his son was really tiny. Like really small. And he looked fragile too. And he was quiet. He didn't cry a lot.

He stood next to his son's crib in the nursery, trying to summon enough courage to hold him. But he was so small and Sasuke wasn't good at this.

What if he dropped the baby? What if he somehow-absurdly-broke him? He shook his head at that thought.

His wife had gone through so much pain to have his son, his tiny son. He wasn't going to drop him. He sighed and leaned against the wall.

What was going to happen now? How was he going to care for his son without his wife in case something terrible happened to her? His very heart shook at the thought. He wasn't going to let anything happen to his wife goddamit.

He gazed at his son, sleeping soundly, in his cot. Maybe he could pick him up later. He didn't want to wake him up anyways.

The doctors told him his son was safe and healthy despite being premature. There were no complications regarding him. His dark haired, quiet son was alright.

Just as Sasuke turned to go, he heard his son flail and cry out. Sasuke stopped and looked at him instead. He was looking at Sasuke and crying. Sasuke felt really awkward as he bent down to pick his son in his arms.

It was no big deal. He could do it, he told himself. His son felt small and light in his arms. Daisuke fussed a little in his arms before settling down quietly. Sasuke watched his son as he cradled him in his arms. Daisuke looked up at him.

His eyes were dark just like Sasuke's, but they were big and bubbly, like Hinata's. Sasuke felt a rush of affection for his little kid. That was his kid. His son.

"Daisuke, you're really strong." He told his son with a small smile. "Your mom is going to be okay. We're going to be really happy together."

He didn't know whether he was reassuring himself or Daisuke, as he rocked him lightly. His son looked at him quietly, soothed by the voice of his father. Sasuke's smile widened when his son started closing his eyes and was soon asleep.

He kept walking around slowly, rocking his son in his arms until he was sure he wouldn't cry again. Then, he stood still and watched his son, tears welling in his eyes.

Was it really going to be okay? Was his son going to grow up without his mother there? Would he blame himself or Daisuke if he lost Hinata?

Despite Hinata's condition, Sasuke could not help but feel a swell of happiness because of his son as he bent down and kissed his tiny head. He laid him back down in the cot before walking out quietly.

The hallways were empty, being night time. Sasuke was alone right now in there. Naruto and the others had left.

Now, he was wide awake while the others had gone home, after his assurances that everything was alright. He'd be alright.

Hinata Uchiha. He walked in her room, where she lay on the bed sleeping, pale and slumbering. His wife. He sat down beside her bed quietly.

Her brain had shut down due to the pain and stress she'd endured. Too much, they'd said. Sasuke winced as he imagined her screaming out for him in pain and him not being there.

Why hadn't he been there for her when she most needed him? He was a bloody fool. And now, her brain wasn't responding to anything. Temporary comma.

She was alright otherwise. But she just wouldn't wake up. But she was there, Sasuke knew it, she just needed to come back to him. To them.

"Hinata...listen to me." He began tentatively. He just realized how tired and stressed he was. He realized how much he missed her.

"Daisuke, our son, he's really determined. He's super strong. And...and he's waiting." He told her "He's so small, Hinata, it scares me. Like...he'll break in my grip."

He let out a small chuckle. "His eyes have the same color as me. But they look like you shape-wise." He told her more about their son. "He has...he has dark hair and-he really needs you."

He ran a nervous hand through his hair before he looked at her face. So serene and calm. Like she was content to be away from them. But he knew she couldn't be. Never.

"I need you to come back Hinata. I need you to wake up."

Memories of Hinata and himself came flooding in his mind and Sasuke let out a sob. "I need you...to come back." His voice broke as he said it "...Because I can't make it without you."

He bit his lip to keep from crying. Why wouldn't she wake up? She had to. Because it would leave him utterly broken to live without her-for their son.

"I love you Hina." He said softly, leaning over to kiss her forehead as a tear dropped on her face. He wiped it away with a blank face before he put his head on her bed mattress.

Holding her hand like a lifeline, Sasuke cried himself to sleep for the first time in decades. 
_______________

Author notes: YES, I AM LATE. AGAIN.

But you'll have to over look that, please. I have the chapters ready and to compensate for the wait, i am uploading two chapters.

As long as there is even one person willing to read my stories, i'll keep them coming. I am also working on the SasuHina Hogwarts AU (since a certain someone insists it needs to happen!)

I will upload that draft later. You guys can decide whether i should continue or not. And the supernatural AU needs a lot of work so i'm afraid i'm gonna have to be slow.

I'll try to update at least monthly if not weekly. So, don't hate me.

Anyways, hopefully you enjoyed the chapter. Do comment, vote and tell me what you thought. And if you haven't already, check out the profile. That's all guys.

Enjoy the next part too. About time for a double update.