Part 7

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

He was panicking. He saw more than felt his hands shiver visibly as he knocked loudly on his brother's bedroom door. There was no response. His brother must have been passed out tired like him from the day. This was no time to rest though.

Sasuke felt his sleep vanish in an instant. He raised his hand and knocked even louder on the door. He didn't care if he woke up the kids too. Hinata wasn't okay and he needed to-

"Sasuke?" Itachi asked, blearily, rubbing his eyes while Izumi came up behind him, yawning sleepily.

"Itachi-I." Sasuke could not even speak properly through the haze of panic.

"What's wrong?" Itachi asked, noticing how messed up his brother looked. "Sasuke." He said, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder, sleep forgotten.

"Hinata's sick and she's having the baby and I need to get back because she's not alright." Sasuke rushed out while running a shaking hand through his hair.

"Oh no." Izumi whispered out while Itachi felt his brain gears whizzing in work. Hinata was having the baby-too early. It was too early.

Damn the Hyuga-Uchiha bloodlines for being too volatile.

"Okay, okay, we need to call Neji and her father and arrange a private plane to get there." Itachi said, thinking out loud.

"We?" Sasuke managed

"Of course I'm coming along. Izumi can stay here with the kids." Itachi suggested, taking out his phone. "I'm going to arrange a private plane for us. Call Neji."

Sasuke nodded, clamping his lips together before walking back to his room to call Neji. What was happening there right now?

Was Hinata in danger? Why was this happening to him? To them?

He groaned before picking his phone and calling Neji's cell. No one picked up. He called again. No response.

He tried again one last time in frustration. This time someone picked up. Neji.

"For the sake of Kami, what the fuck Uchiha?" he growled, tiredness lacing his voice. Sasuke felt his temper rising.

"Your cousin is giving birth to her premature baby right now you asshole. She might be dying and I thought you'd like to know since I'm leaving for Konoha."

There was shocked silence before Neji growled out. "Watch what you're saying."

"It's true. I-I just got a call from Naruto. He was supposed to be..." his voice broke. He took in a deep breath before continuing. "I'm leaving with Itachi."

"How much time till we leave? I'm coming."

"Just hurry. We'll leave soon." He said, clicking off. He sat on the edge of the bed, thinking of his wife. She must be in so much pain. What if-?

He gritted his teeth in frustration. He should've been there instead of Naruto. He should've been there when she had to be taken to the hospital. He shouldn't have come here at all.

And now he'd made the biggest mistake of his life and Hinata might just pay for it.

Even the thought sickened him. He wasn't losing her now. Never.

He got up with determination as he changed hurriedly and grabbed his bag. He walked out just as Itachi came to get him, grim faced himself.

It was going to take him a whole day to get there even by plane. He wasn't going to give up and he hoped Hinata didn't either.

I'm coming Hinata. Just hold on.
________

During the journey to Konoha, Neji kept muttering to himself restlessly while trying to call all of their friends, none of them answering. Itachi kept unnaturally calm while Sasuke tried his best to keep breathing normally, all the while thinking about his wife.

Naruto called on an hourly basis, letting them know of any progress that took place. He told them how Hinata's condition had not worsened nor bettered. He didn't say anything about the baby yet and Sasuke hadn't asked.

The journey was agonizingly slow according to Sasuke, who intended to jump out as soon as they landed in Konoha. And he did.

Itachi, Neji and Sasuke got into the car sent by Fugaku to take them directly to the hospital as they arrived. Sasuke felt his limbs become heavy from the fatigue and he knew his brother and Neji must be feeling the same.

But no one complained. Unless they wanted Sasuke's fist in their face.

The driver dropped them off in front of the hospital's main entrance. Sasuke all but ran inside. The receptionist guided them towards the room where Hinata would be. Neji and Sasuke were frantic and ran ahead.

Naruto's face greeted them as they turned the corridor. "Guys." He said, with worry and surprise. Ino and Sakura were sitting in the seats present in the hall.

"Naruto, how is Hinata?" Neji asked before Sasuke could. Sakura and Ino got up and walked to them, tears in their eyes.

Naruto didn't say anything. Itachi walked up to them, waiting for his reply. "Naruto...say something." Sasuke said.

"Sasuke...your-your baby's safe. Completely healthy." Naruto's voice broke. Sasuke was growing frustrated now.

"Where. Is. Hinata?"

Sakura was the one who replied. "She's-asleep."

"What do you mean?" Neji asked.

"She won't wake up." Sakura chocked out, tears rushing down her cheeks.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE WON'T WAKE UP?!" Sasuke yelled on top of his lungs.

Naruto grabbed his arms and held him back from physically attacking anyone.

"She's in a coma and she might not wake up. I'm sorry."
_______

Right, another chapter and a fast update as promised. Only 3 more chapters guys, and i promise you'll like it. 

Just gotta wait for it. I'm going to update the other story in a few days too. Just wanted to update this sooner.

Anyways, you know the drill. Comment, vote and follow. Check the profile, spread the stories and let me know what yoou guys think absolutely.

Until next time.