Part 4

Here's another update on the last evening on my vacations. Dedicated to the awesome duration of vacations i had writing and uploading my stories along with my readers of course.

Start the song as you read, it goes with the chapter.
________

For the next week, Hinata and Sasuke talked very little, both coping with the circumstances in their own way.

Sasuke left for the office earlier than Hinata even woke up and worked late till night. Hinata worked but she came home early, working in her garden till she was dead tired.

Their friends had noticed the change but did not comment, thinking the couple had had a fight. Hinata and Sasuke had told no one about the pregnancy yet anyway.

Hinata sighed out, pushing her bangs behind her ear as she sat back in the shadow of a tree in her garden, just finished with her garden work. The weather was cloudy and it was going to rain soon.

This day last week, she had still been pregnant. She had not known she possibly might never become a mother. She had been happy.

She sighed out. This was not helping. She was not being fair to Sasuke, she knew. But honestly, she did not know how to face him.

She just thought about the disappointment and sorrow she would see in his eyes while he would pretend he was okay. Insisting that she does not worry. Her heart broke whenever she thought about it.

He'd tried to reach out to her...but she felt that they both needed to cope with this on their own. She'd get through it. They'd get through it. She knew it. It was just hard.

She decided to clean herself up. Despite it being Sunday, Sasuke was nowhere to be seen. He must have gone out with the boys, she thought to herself.

Just before she went to shower, she heard her phone beep. It was a text message from Sakura.

Arrived in Konoha yesterday. Want to meet up today at the Konoha Café at 5?

She looked at the clock which struck 4 right now. Sakura had gotten back yesterday? That was great. Sakura had been married to Gaara Sabaku, the youngest president of the Sand country, since 2 years. She worked as the head of the Capitol's hospital, being a great medic.

Yeah. See you at 5.

Hinata confirmed the meeting. She needed to get out of the house more anyways. She showered and dressed in a simple but elegant dress with black pumps. Leaving her hair open, she grabbed her car keys.

The café was half an hour from her place. She parked her car outside and walked inside the café. She spotted her close friend's flamboyant cherry pink hair at a table at the back of the café.

She walked there with a slight smile. Sakura had her back turned to Hinata. "Hi Sakura."

Sakura turned at the sound of her voice with a huge smile on her face. "Hinata!" she said as she got up and hugged her friend.

"How have you been?" Hinata asked sitting down in front of her friends. They were seeing each other after a whole year after all.

"I'm fine. Just been busy." Sakura admitted "And I know about you of course."

Hinata smiled slightly. "Yes. My work has also kept me busy."

"Isn't it wonderful how we all got our happy ending after all? We all became what we wanted to and we're all really happy." Sakura said, happily.

Hinata's mouth held a bitter taste at that. But yes, she was thankful for achieving her dream. Of becoming a successful business woman and getting married to the love of her life.