Part 5

"Yes. Alright, I will see you there. Hai, I said I'll be on time. Don't waste my time Itachi, I'll be there. later."

Sasuke turned off the phone to look at his wife who was cooking their meal right now. Despite Sasuke insisting he would do it, Hinata insisted on cooking herself.

She looked content making the food, her face scrunched in concentration. He smiled despite himself. He eyed her bulging abdomen and his heart swelled.

She woke up some mornings, worried she'd grown fat and/or ugly. To Sasuke, she'd never been more beautiful.

She was radiant.

They'd taken care during her pregnancy and he was happy to note, it was going smoothly on the seventh month.

"What did Itachi-kun want?" she said, presenting him with food as she sat across him.

"He wants me to make sure I am on time for the meeting." He said, digging in as Hinata watched him eat.

"Yes, your flight is soon." She noted, looking at the clock, almost sadly. Sasuke smiled.

"I know. And I'll also be back soon. It's only for 2 days."

"Yeah. You're right." She said, smiling again. He was glad she was happy and content these days. Some days, she was downright scary. His father had warned him about that. How his mother was almost murderous when she was expecting Itachi.

But he loved her anyways.

She put the plate of food in front of him along with green tea and took cup for herself as she sat across him and watched him devour her food with fervor.

"Anyways, Naruto's in town with Ino. I'll ask him to come over and check up on you. You should meet up with Ino." He said, wiping his hands and face with a napkin.

Hinata smiled at his attempts to keep her busy in his absence. "I'll be alright Sasuke." She assured him "I've already made plans with Ino for tomorrow and Naruto's coming over the day after. You'll be back the next day anyways."

He nodded; worry still gnawing at his heart. Itachi was a heartless bastard for calling him away while his wife was pregnant, he decided.

"I better go." He said looking at his wrist watch and then at her. She was smiling tranquilly.

"You better." She replied, still with the soft smile.

"Damn. I hate my job sometimes." He said, coming over to give her a peck on the cheek. She giggled. "This is very important after all. You can't miss the Companies' alliance."

"I know. Take care." He said as he picked up his briefcase and walked to his car. Hinata watched him as he drove off with a little smile, but this was important, she told herself.

She cheered up considerably at the thought of ice-cream and movies, something she'd been craving a lot these days.

She went inside with a slight smile.
______

The preparations for the expo had started already. The allied companies were meeting with heads of other companies today while the expo for the show of the Japanese companies' newest products would be held tomorrow.

Sasuke was just done talking to the head of a smart phone company when his brother caught up to him. "Ah Sasuke, haven't seen you in a while."

Sasuke grunted as his brother hugged him with one arm before standing beside him to watch the preparations of the grand expo tomorrow.

"How's Izumi?" Sasuke asked, knowing he'd see for himself today when he spent the night at his brother's. Not that he minded. His nephews and niece were adorable.