twenty four.

"thank you so much, hyunjin," chenle said to his coworker, who agreed to come to the store and start his shift earlier. chenle had messaged him about the situation he was in, and hyunjin, being very understanding, accepted to start his shift earlier.

"it's no problem, lele. good luck!" hyunjin said, smiling at the other. chenle nodded, and walked out of the store, jisung following close to him.

"do you live far away?" jisung's quiet voice broke the somewhat awkward atmosphere around them. "not really, there's about ten more minutes until we reach my apartment," chenle answered, looking over at the boy beside him.

jisung's tears had dried up, and he's calmed since he broke down. his steps were slow, and chenle noticed that jisung was a little unstable on his feet, but he didn't think much further than that.

when chenle's apartment building finally came into view, the pair walked through the glass doors, the older leading the way. jisung was shyly following behind him, his gaze set on the floor.

chenle led the other into the elevator, pressing the button that displayed a 'fourteen' in bold numbers. it was quiet and awkward as the two were standing alone in the elevator, not really knowing what to talk about. that tension was cut when they heard a ding, followed by the doors opening. the pair stepped out of the elevator, and chenle once again led the way.

the stopped in front of the door marked with a nine, and chenle took out his keys. he quickly unlocked the door, letting jisung in. when the younger stepped foot into the apartment, he was met by the warm scent of vanilla and cinnamon. he looked around, and was met with a cozy feeling, definitely making him feel comfortable.

"do you need anything at all?" chenle asked, breaking the silence as he took off his shoes. jisung shyly shook his head no, feeling too shy to ask for anything.

"make yourself comfortable, you're allowed to lay down on the couch if you want to, don't be afraid," chenle said from the kitchen, slightly startling jisung who was still taking in his surroundings.

"okay," jisung spoke, almost going unheard by the older, but fortunately, chenle heard him. jisung awkwardly sat down on chenle's couch, trying to loosen up. he already knew that he was awkward and weird, but he doesn't want chenle to think about him like that too.

chenle came into the living room, eyeing jisung carefully. the younger looked incredibly exhausted, and his eyes were also struggling to stay open.

"i'm going to head to bed...i know you said you couldn't sleep, but please try...for me? i'm worried you'll faint if you don't get rest..." chenle truthfully spoke, turning off the kitchen light.

jisung gave him a shy nod, lying down on the couch,  staring at the ceiling. about to leave the room, chenle turned around, facing the younger with a smile.

"good night jisungie, i hope you'll feel a bit better tomorrow."

when chenle left the room, jisung watched him walk away with a small smile, appreciating the fact that the older was so caring towards him.

A/N: what did you think of this chapter?

EDITED ;
14.04.20