five.

"hey, chenle!"

the mentioned boy's head snapped up and he was met by a sight that brought a smile to face. "hey guys."

he saw his childhood friend renjun walk in with his boyfriends, jeno and jaemin who were also close to chenle.

the boy went over to couple, forming a group hug between them. chenle took the time to ask them how their relationship was going, pleased when he got good answers.

anyone who would've been in the store probably would've thought they were weird for hugging in the middle an isle. but getting weird looks didn't matter to them, plus, no one was there anyways.

the three inseparable boys had confessed to each other one year ago and their relationship has been going pretty smoothly since. "well, we don't want to keep you from working, so we'll go now. by chenle!" jaemin said, hugging him a final time.

the other two boys also repeated jaemin's action, before walking out of the store alongside their boyfriend. chenle waved goodbye to the couple, a big smile on his face.

shortly after the three boys left, chenle felt himself being bored again. coming up with an idea to waste the time, he pulled out a book and started reading. he found it like a way to escape from the world and enter a new one that's just for you. he also loves exploring different genres and fictional places.

about an hour after chenle started reading, jisung walked into the store. the younger secretly enjoys being in chenle's presence, even though they haven't known each other that long. but he wasn't going to tell anyone that. in reality, he really appreciates chenle's company and likes the older, but he's not really good at showing his emotions. besides, jisung had it set in his mind that chenle doesn't like him. how can he like a depressed loser like me?

after picking up the candy, he used his usual path towards the counter and gave his item to chenle.

"how are you?" chenle paused shortly. "do... you still have nightmares?" the older asked, sounding hesitant to bring up the question. jisung looked up, his orange locks falling in front of his tired eyes.

"um— i still haven't slept...i can't" jisung whispered, giving off an embarassed but slightly scared vibe. chenle looked at the younger, sadness clouding his eyes.

the chinese boy hesitated before deciding to do his next action.

he brought his hands over the counter, reaching out for jisung's. "i'll always be here, jisung. you know you can talk to me if you need to. but if you feel uncomfortable, then you don't have to talk to me."

he stroked his thumb on jisung's hand, letting go shortly afterwards. "have a good night, jisung," chenle said, smiling to the younger.

"bye, chenle."

the younger walked away, leaving chenle to let out an disappointed sigh. he still didn't smile...

EDITED;
27.08.19