26.

There are two more chapters after this and I'm sad. They've changed so much. Luke realizing that he needed to learn how to accept himself and Ashton. Ashton changing by accepting himself for the way he is and learning to grow with confidence. Gahh, the next couple chapters, are a treat. :)

Throughout the last months remaining of school, Luke was collecting Polaroid photos. When I asked why he continuously took photos, he replied saying that he was "only capturing the moment."

I snuck a look at one of the photos when he was over at my house sleeping. He had just taken that photo before falling asleep. I slowly went over to where he was sleeping and lifted up his arm, grabbing the photo.

I looked down at the photo and I frowned. It was a photo of me with my hood over my head and my arm in front of my face. I was able to tell that I was extremely happy. My cheeks were flushed from laughing; Luke and I had just gotten out of a tickle fight.

The photo of me was ugly. I didn't like the way I had looked in that photo, but it could've been the angle that it was taken. Luke wasn't a bad photographer, even though he never showed me the photos he's taken.

I slipped the photo back under his arm and I kissed his cheek. He was complaining he didn't get much sleep these days and I assumed it was because he was dealing with his mother.

Luke shifted slightly in his sleep and I smiled at him. He was so cute when he slept and I had contemplated on waking him up, but decided not to when I saw him stirring. I giggled quietly and laid down next to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Tonight, I'm the big spoon," I kissed his cheek once more and closed my eyes drifting off to sleep.

It wasn't much longer when I woke up due to Luke shifting around. "You're such an active sleeper," I giggled with tiredness in my eyes.

Luke looked at me. "Did I fall asleep here?" He asked groggily and I nodded.

He quickly sat up. "Shit," he mumbled and threw on his jeans.

I looked at him with a confused expression. "What's wrong? Did I do something?"

Luke shook his head. "No, no. It's not that. I just- I have a huge project due in two days and I'm not even halfway finished."

"What class? I can help you," I sat up as well, letting the tiredness take over me. I felt completely weightless and heavy.

"Just a project I'm doing. I can handle it."

"O-Okay," I nodded. "Wait, Luke. Will you go to pr-" Luke cut me off by attaching his lips to mine. I kissed back.

"Get some sleep, Ashton. I'll see you on Monday in school," he kissed my forehead before grabbing his backpack and his camera and the photos he's taken tonight.

"Bye," I replied blankly as he gave me a smile and left. My eyes followed him out the door and I sighed as I laid back in bed letting the sleep overcome me.

----

The weekend was boring. I've called Luke, but it went straight to voicemail numerous times. I tried not to get too frustrated because I thought that Luke needed some space.

"Hi!"

"Hi, Luke! Finally, you've-"

"I'm sorry that I couldn't come to the phone. I'm busy working on some uh... Confidential stuff. Very busy. I suggest not calling back for awhile... But if it's important, please leave a message after the beep and I'll try to get back to you when I can. I love you, Ashy!"