11.

~back to Ashton's POV~
~trigger warning towards the end of the chapter~

"Morning Ashley," my dad said as I came downstairs. For once he wasn't drunk and for once, I wasn't scared of him. "How did you sleep?" My dad asked. He genuinely sounded like he cared, but I knew he didn't.

"I-I didn't sleep good at all," I replied, running my fingers through my hair. It was growing back and I was planning on getting it cut again later.

"Why's that?"

I shrugged as I took a sip from the milk carton. "I was up late thinking about life," I said quietly as I slipped on my shoes and tied them. "People are being mean to me at school."

"What about that Calum kid?"

"Not him," I said. "He wouldn't ever," I grabbed a granola bar and started unwrapping it. "Anyways, I need to get going to school."
"Wait, do you need a ride Ashley?"

I shook my head quickly. "I should be okay. Thanks though," I gave my dad a small smile and headed to school.

----

Homeroom was pretty loud that morning. It was full of chatter and laughter and as I sat down in my seat, I could feel some eyes moving with me. It was like they were watching my every move.

"I know why they're looking at you," a quiet voice spoke out. I looked up at her, her small smile fading slowly.

"It would be nice to know why."

"I was signing up for the school's blogging site since I'm new and I saw this," she took out her phone and read me the post that told everyone what I've been hiding.

"Do you know who wrote it?" I asked, my eyes filling up with tears.

She shook her head. "It's an anonymous post. It's pretty mean though," her face softened up and it almost looked as if she was showing some sympathy.

I nodded.

"My name is Devon." She extended her hand out in front of me and I shook it.

"Ashton," I replied quietly.

She nodded slowly and went back to drawing in her notebook. "I'll show you around. Tell you who's good and who's not," I said and I turned around to face her. Her mind was focused on drawing and I watched quietly as she shaded in her drawing.

"That's so pretty," I said as she finished it.

"Thanks," she said in a sweet voice that filled my heart with joy.

The bell rang meaning it was time to start the long ass day that always seemed to drag on forever.

I got out of my seat. "I'll see you later," I told Devon as I started walking away.

"Wait," Devon said, tapping my shoulder lightly.

I turned and looked at her and she handed me the paper with her drawing. "You keep it," she said and I took it from her hands slowly.

"Thanks."

----

"Go to Hell!"

I looked up at the person who yelled that. He was tall and wearing all black, a hood on low enough to hide his eyes.

"You don't belong here!" He hovered over me, his thick black hair hanging down from his head that made it almost impossible to see his eyes.

"You don't deserve to live, fucking fag!" The kid shoved me and smashed my head into the sink.