Chapter 19 - The tour cycle: the final Destination

Despite his illness because of the San Fransican air, Eddy recovered quickly with a lot of rest and a good amount of medication. At any time, Brett was there for him and even refused to go eat outside to stay with his boyfriend. Even when the taller boy insisted on him having fun with the rest of the crew, the other refused and stood his ground.

"We didn't expose ourself to the entire internet for me to leave you alone, did we?," he would repeat.

That led the TwoSet team to their final destination in America: Palo Alto. One last show left, one last city to visit before flying back home to the Land Down Under. The violinists had been on tour for over ten weeks at this point, and despite the ultimate tiredness of the performances, stayed disappointed in the soon ending of it.

They remembered the homesickness in the first two weeks in Europe, missing their usual practice rooms and the scents they were so used to. Even the killing heat of Australia kind of made them want to go home, because in comparison, Europe was a giant freezer.

They remembered how every show made Brett and Eddy closer, how every city visit made them want to stay with eachother more. How, in fact, actually staying together made them forget the homesickness, because they became eachother's homes.

They remembered the fans, the gifts, the signings and the numerous thanks they had received at every single meet and greet.

And so, remembering all of the reasons why they love going on tour, Brett Yang and Eddy Chen ran on stage to greet a numerous, applauding audience with a smile. Reminding themselves of their love for music -though they needed no reminder-, they shared it with everyone in the concert hall, shared it with the accompanist and shared it with themselves.

Remembering why they love eachother, the shorter boy got on one knee and presented a banana to the other, reciting the mythical phrase:

"Will you be my other banana?"

And showing everyone that all of this is thanks to them, they came back on stage for an explosive encore, hula hooping their way out of stage and into the backstage rooms before joining the members of the public.

Brett was breathing heavily and ran his hand through his hair. Eddy was drinking an entire bottle of water in one sitting. The team was putting the recording material back into its cases.

"That was intense, man," Brett sighed. "I feel like we really gave everything we had on this one."

Eddy nodded, closing his empty water bottle. "Definitely a great end to our 2019 tour, huh?"

(You've got a boyfriend, I bet he doesn't kiss ya, MUAH)

After catching their breaths and syncing them, the violinists looked up into eachother's eyes and smiled. All of this was worth it. It was always worth it. And never would they ever regret a thing.

Yang leaned towards his partner and closed his eyes, leaving a sweet kiss on his lips.

"Alright, let's see the fans."

***

The tour cycle is almost over! 20th chapter will be out on Sunday probably, and will be two times longer than usual, just like chapter 10!
I'll have something to announce at the end of chapter 20, so stay tuned for that. It's quite important, I think.

Love you,
Alex