CHAPTER 10! - The way longer than expected Date

Eddy excitedly agreed on going on another date with Brett, because they were getting on so well together as "going out", and he wanted to spend more time with him. They had decided to do it during the upcoming weekend, but Brett wanted to keep the activities secret from his friend.

When the awaited date finally came, the violinists met up at the shorter boy's house and they took his car. The other still had no idea what was going to happen, but when he realised they were taking the road towards the airport, he started asking himself questions. Was the place near the airport or were they actually going abroad? He didn't plan any clothing, how would he get changed? How did Brett organise all of this in such a short period of time? What. Was. Going. On.

"Well, you probably understood by now that we're heading to a plane.", Yang noticed.

Chen nervously nodded. "Can I know where we're going? And I suppose we aren't staying there for one day, what-"

"Chill out, I planned everything.", Brett reassured him. "You'll know what you gotta know in time."

The short amount of car ride left was silent, accompanied by brief looks from the passenger seat to the driver. Looks of passion, of thankfulness and of joy. He never thought he would be able to live something like this. And he thought that after going on an Asian and European tour in 2017, so imagine just how great he felt.

Turns out Brett booked a weekend trip to Paris; the city of lights and city of love! Eddy found out when they got to the gate, thanks to the voice on the loud-speakers. When he finally understood what was going on, he hugged and held onto his friend like his entire life depended just on that. None of them cared whether someone was looking or not, because what would they say anyway? "Oh noooo, people being nice to eachother...." Other people really didn't matter at that moment. When they let go of eachother and looked into eachother's eyes, all they saw was pure admiration.

TwoSet smiled and Brett placed his hand on Eddy's hips, who himself held Brett's jaw with his hands. They pulled eachother into a sweet kiss, still tasting like the boba tea they drank a couple of minutes ago. Somewhere in the distance, someone screamed "HA, THAT'S GAY!", but it didn't matter.

Suddenly, the taller violinist got shocked by a wave of uncontrollable laughter, so much that it was almost painful. At first, he didn't understand what was going on. Quickly, he realised his partner was tickling him. He tried grabbing his arms and pushing them away from him to make him stop.

“Say you like the viola!”, Brett laughed.

Wh-What?” Eddy managed to articulate in between spurts of laughter.

“You heard me!”, the other cheered. “Say you like the viola!”

“No!”

Yang started tickling him even harder, resulting in even more laughter. People around them were watching, and Oh God was Chen wondering what was going through their minds.

“Okay, okay! I like the viola!”, he panted.

The shorter boy let go of his friend and snickered as he caught his breath. He winked at him and laughed:

“You're a violist!”

“Don't you dare finger gun me now!”, the Viola King jokingly threatened.

***

During the long plane ride, they mostly slept and listened to music instead of talking a lot. Eddy was always nervous on planes and these two things helped him fight against anxiety attacks he would otherwise have. Sometimes, the two boys would look at eachother and smile, then they would take eachother's hands and stay like that until they felt sweaty and gross. You know, that happens.

Eventually, Brett would just rest his fingers on Eddy's arm and run them up and down, just to be sure everything was real and not just another dream.

After more than 24 hours of plane riding and a stop in Singapore, TwoSet arrived at the Charles de Gaulle airport. Brett took his phone and opened the Snapchat app to post a video of the airport, with the caption "Paris again". Before he could tap on the Post button, Eddy stopped him. He asked him not to post anything that could show that they were in Paris, atleast not publicly. He explained that, since it was a date trip, they'd obviously be doing romantic stuff in public, and he didn't want fans to see it yet, even though some already "know". Brett understood and just saved the video to his Snapchat Memories, to post later.

Since they arrived in the morning, they let their bags at the ~fancy~ hotel they were going to stay in and went out for coffee at a café near the center of the capital. They looked into eachother's eyes so much that Brett ended up spilling coffee on his merch shirt.

“Well, atleast it's the black one, so it's not that visible.”, Eddy noted. “I feel honoured to be more important than your own clothes, though!”

Brett scoffed. “You're more important to me than your clothes too~”. He wiggled his eyebrows as he sipped his coffee.

They decided to walk to the Eiffel Tower and get a nice, global view of the city. The sun was shining but it wasn't scorching hot outside, so they could enjoy physical contact without dying. Actually, they live in Australia. They don't even have snow there, why would they care about how hot it is outside. They took a couple of pictures together, and pictures of Paris in general, before heading to the mythical Champs Elysées.

It was a lot less overwhelming than they would expect, because it has mostly become a commercial street, but the Paris atmosphere stays the Paris atmosphere, despite the angry Parisians in every street. They went to eat somewhere close before visiting the Louvre museum, The Giant Triangle.

In the evening, they went back to their hotel to eat at the restaurant. Eddy was surprised Brett had planned all of this - and really well - in a week. But he was also hoping that they wouldn't stay too long, not because he wasn't having a good time, but because he was scared that they wouldn't have enough videos made for the tour. He expressed his nervousness to his partner, who reassured him by telling him they did have enough videos, and they were staying one more day before leaving on the third day's morning.

The room that Brett had chosen had a magnificent view on the ~Tour Eiffel~ and had a minibar. Concerning the bed, there was just one king-sized bed they were going to share, which was going to be like at their sleepovers. At the time they were going to go to sleep, Eddy pulled Brett's sleeve.

“What's going on? Are you okay?”, he worriedly asked.

“Yeah. I just wanted to let you know that..” He took a deep breath. “You know, I'm.. Ready. I mean, if you want to.”

Brett smiled. “You sure? Don't feel forced to because I did this. I did this because I enjoy spending time with you.”

“No.”, Eddy shook his head. “I'm saying this because I know I'm ready.”

And so they spent the night together, their bodies tangling with eachother under the night lights of Paris; a city that never sleeps.

*******

hey!
this chapter is a lot longer than usual, because it's the 10th one! I never expected this fanfic to get this far, to be fair. thank you, again, it's thanks to you!
I only started writing this as a joke, so this is crazy.
I'll be having my school exams in less than a month, which means I'll be studying a lot. I'm not sure how often I'll be updating.
sorry for the people who might've expected a more detailed "frick-frack" scene, but it just kind of makes me uncomfortable to write that kinda stuff. for those who don't know, TwoSetFan writes that kind of things :) We're friends and they're busy right now too, so please don't pressure them!
thank you again for 10 wonderful chapters, I truly love writing this.

love,
Alex 💕