Unwelcome Emotions

Favorite Outfit?

Favorite Outfit?

xxx

The sun was starting to awake, illuminating the Kástro with its warm rays. Some of the girls were slowly staring to awake from their sleep, all except Mackenzie.

She had staid up all night at the training fields, burning some steam. Mackenzie had a hard time at controlling her hunger yesterday during the interview, all fault of that annoying man, whose blood smelled sweeter than honey to her.

That had happened to her a few times in the past and it always left once she got used to the smell. The vampire silently hoped it'll be like that this time, too.

Mackenzie had already trained eight hours straight without stopping and her body was slowly starting to shut down from the exhaustion. Sleep overtook her and her brown eyes started to shut from the uncontrollable weight she felt on her eyelids. Not shortly she fell asleep.

While the petite vampire was beginning to enjoy her first hour of sleep, all the other eight girls were already up, dressed and having breakfast in the same room as yesterday.

The girls were all really invested in a conversation about the departure of Cassandra. The opinions were parted; some thought she deserved it, others considered it was an injustice.

"All I'm saying is that there are some girls who don't seem to want this as bad as she did." Victoria pointed out.

"You mean Mackenzie?" Ava asked back already seeing where the conversation was heading.

"Are you going to deny it?" Victoria raised her shoulders unapologetic.

"She's not even here." Fernanda added to support her point.

"Yeah, where is she?" Savannah asked curiously.

"Maybe, two were eliminated yesterday." Aika answered.

"No, her things are still in our room." Dinara responded quietly.

The sound of the tableware filled the silent room once again as the girls returned to the thoughts on their heads and to the food on their plates.

"Good morning ladies." Cassius greeted them all, his eyes were on one specific contestant the whole time, though.

"Good morning." They greeted back.

"There's one missing." He pointed at the empty seat. "Where's the little striga?" He questioned annoyed. Not much time had past since The Selection had started and this petite vampire had already managed to get on his nerves.

"No one knows." Victoria answered.

"Well, then I just wanted to inform you have nothing scheduled for today. You're free to do what you prefer." With that he started to walk away. "Miss Ivanov, could you inform your roommate about today's plan?" Dinara immediately looked up from her empty plate when Cassius spoke her last name. There was something about the way he said it that made Dinara's body burn from the inside out.