São todos obstinados como mulas

XXX

XXX

       The next morning the girls were woken up quite early and they were already dressed. They sat at the breakfast table, when Cassius came into the room ready to make the usual announcements.

"As you may see, Ava is no longer in the competition." Cassius informed and he continued when his eyes caught the movement on Mackenzie's mouth. "As you might recall, Miss Hale failed to interact with the guests, which at the end of the day was yesterday's main objective." He shut the petite vampire up with his words. She couldn't battle against the truth.

"Today is a new day. And today's task will be a meeting. It's logical to say that a proper attire is required and as well as proper behavior." With no further detailing the werewolf left the room as quietly as he entered.

"That was really useless." Victoria pointed out as she reached for her cup of coffee.

"I agree." Mackenzie answered, which caused everyone to look at her with surprise. That sure had been a one in a lifetime occurrence.

"I suggest we change clothes." Elizabeth advised. "This seems to be quiet a serious meeting."

The girls followed Elizabeth's advice and left to their rooms to change into something more suited for the occasion. They agreed to meet back in Fernanda and Victoria's room.

The girls had reunited as planned and as Fernanda and Elizabeth were discussing about how different their childhoods had been. The other two women were contemplating from afar. 

"Mackenzie, can talk to you for a second?" Victoria questioned silently so that Elizabeth and Fernanda couldn't hear.

"Sure."

"I wanted to apologize for stabbing you with a knife." She sounded truly apologetic.

"I like to believe that the knife simply slipped from hand, by accident." Mackenzie pointed out with a joking tone.

"Yeah. Thank you." Victoria gave her a genuine smile.

"And I'm also really sorry for making your life a living hell this past days."

"Have you finally given up on angering me?" Mackenzie joked.

"Actually, I have. You're really hard to break."

"I have had many years of practice." Mackenzie seemed to be joking, however there was something in her tone that seemed nostalgic.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you were older than my grandma." Victoria joked.

"You'll pay for that, Williams." Mackenzie threatened jokingly.

After their exchange they rejoined the other two girls and talked about who they thought will win, about mates (which seemed to attract a lot of Fernanda's attention), about Earth and also about Elizabeth's pack.