Undercover Interview

xxx

        The sun illuminated the guest rooms of the girls disturbing Cassandra's eyes. They hadn't given her the pair of sunglasses she had asked for and now her eyes looked like a reddish ball with a smaller blue circle in the middle.

Mackenzie, on the other hand, had been awake the entire time. It took more than a trip across the galaxy to tired her. Instead, she had spent the night outside in the small balcony that their room had contemplating the two white smiles on the sky.

As for the rest of them, they were woken up by the voice of their respective maids, each girl had a maid that will attend to their every need. The Vampire Princess took advantage of this as soon as the small female figure entered her room and presented herself as Cassandra's personal maid.

"Did you bring my glasses, with you?" Cassandra snapped at the shy girl in front of her, who simply looked at the floor as the spoiled princess spoke. The maid opened her palm and the black glasses appeared on their hand.

"Are all the maids in the castle fairies?" Cassandra's voice wondered. Her maid being a fairy also explained why she was shaking so extremely. The relationship between the magical creatures and the blood demons had always been tensed. However, it wasn't as deadly as it had been in the time before she was born. Magnus, the King Of Daemones, had told her how vampires used to drink fairy blood in the past to gain especial abilities.

"Most are fairies, but there are some werewolves too." The voice that spoke wasn't the maid's, it belonged to Cassandra's room partner Elizabeth. The daughter of Alpha Bellator stood from her bed wearing a soft night gown.

"If you excuse us, now." Elizabeth's maid spoke up, she wasn't a shy looking woman on the contrary she looked fierce and confident. "Breakfast will be waiting for you downstairs in the dinning room. You can come down, whenever you want." The maid signaled Cassandra's maid to follow her and the last one closed the door as they left the room.

"She's not going to harm you, Flora," Cassandra and Elizabeth caught the maids whisper through the walls. The vampire princess knew she could be mean sometimes, but she wasn't an aggressive vampire. She reminded herself to explain this to her maid next time she saw her.

Half of the girls were already downstairs enjoying the dishes that had been prepared for them according to their preferences as the others were still getting ready.

"Can you eat normal food?" Renata asked Mackenzie, who was taking a sip of the crimson liquid in her glass. All she knew about vampires and werewolves, she read in a fantasy book or in cheap newspapers.

"Yes, but it doesn't taste like much." Mackenzie answered honestly, she could see how interested Renata was on the topic and she didn't want to be rude to her. She seemed nice.

"What happens if you don't drink blood?" Ava asked this time.

"My body functions thanks to the blood, if I stopped drinking it..." She paused trying to find a way to express her words. "A survival instinct takes over and I lose control." She spoke her words cautiously.

"You go crazy." Aika pointed out shyly. She was really scared right now. What if Mackenzie loses control and kills them all? Aika thought.

"In other words." Mackenzie answered. She noticed the concern looks on the human's faces. "I can control the hunger, there's no need to fear me." Mackenzie liked this girls and she didn't want them to fear her.

"What about you, Savannah? What do you eat?" Dinara asked the werewolf when she realized how uncomfortable everyone was getting.

"Don't they teach you anything about the supernatural on Earth?" Mackenzie asked instead in a polite manner.