chapter 38

you and Shawn have been watching Netflix at his condo for god knows how long, but since y'all have arrived from the hospital. you've been binging this new show called "YOU" (ITS THE BEST THING THAT EXISTS IN THIS WORLD) and its very suspenseful. 

you start to feel an empty hole in your stomach and get up for some food. "where are u going Maya?" Shawn asked, not taking his eyes off the screen. "I'm getting hungry, do u want anything?" you told him, also not taking ur eyes off the screen. 

Shawn was thinking. "what about we share a big bowl of popcorn hun?" Shawn said. you loved popcorn and he knew it, so you said "ooouuu yess!" damn near jumping up and down. 

you just saw Shawn turn around from the couch, to look at you and smile. god he's adorable. not too long after that u heard someone ring the door bell. "did u order pizza without me knowing?" asked Shawn, while getting up from the couch. 

"no" you quickly responded. with what just happened on the show u both felt pretty terrified to go answer the door. Shawn walked over to the door, and you walked behind him, not staying too far behind him. he looked thru the peep hole and saw it was his mom. 

he turned around to face you and whispered "its my mom". as soon as he turned around you clenched your fists and rolled your eyes. you used to like his mom, a lot actually. but after Shawns accident, she seemed to pretty much blamed you for The Whole thing and well, you can imagine how that made you feel. 

Shawn opened the door and you put on the best fake smile you could put on. "hey mom! I missed you!" Shawn said while hugging her. you just stood there behind them both watching. "hell sweetie, its good to see you actually standing again!" she said, giving u the evil side eye. 

"hello karen, it's good to see you again" you lied to her face. "its good to you too Maya." she said simply. it got really awkward really quick, you could almost even touch the awkwardness. and Shawn could feel so he said " so what brings you here mom?" 

"well I just wanted to come see how my injured son was doing, that's all" she said. you rolled your eyes internally. "mom I healed, and I'm fine, I'm not injured anymore." Shawn said assuringly. karen just kept looking at you like your the stuff that clogs her drains. 

"okay then... I suppose. but um, can I talk to you? in private?" she asked Shawn. oh no she didn't. you could just feel your head boiling. "yeah of course mom. um, Maya, if you don't mind?" Shawn asked you. "oh no of course!" you said. and walked upstairs.

the thing is, your petty ass only walked to the top of the stairs and stopped. so you could hear what they were talking about. what you were doing felt so wrong but you just had to. 

"so Shawn... I need you to break up with Maya..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here's another chapter! I hope u guys are really liking my book, I have put so much love, work, and my creativity into it. also I'm sorry if the grammars bad, I didn't feel like editing, I have this horrible headache 😭🤧. 

but anyways I hope u guys like it and if u do, please vote! -j❤️