He sighed and nodded. "Okay, okay. I understand."

"Can I close the door now, or are you going to stay and watch as I shower?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karma. There are like dozens of clubs in this city and we had to come to Karma.

Great, fucking great.

We arrived early, Luca, Sam, Josh, Leo, Nick and I. We didn't hang out that much with Nick before but we've become really good friends lately. Sarah and him moved in together, so I also saw Sarah a lot. That didn't help too much in my process of trying to forget her. Although I didn't ask much about her, to be honest. I did at the beginning, but seeing that Sarah and Nathan wouldn't tell me much about her, I decided it was better if I didn't. All I needed to know was that she was doing fine.

I was leaning against the bar, trying to get the barman to notice me. I missed the good old days when the team had access to the VIP area. They would bring the drinks to our table.

"Ace!"

I turned to my right and saw Jenny, Sam's girlfriend coming my way, a big smile on her face.

"Hey." I gave her a half smile. "Do you want a drink?"

"No, thanks, but I'm pretty sure my friend Lucy wouldn't mind one. Do you remember her?"

A short brunette girl with blue eyes appeared from behind her back.

"Hi, Ace." She greeted shyly with a smile.

"Yes, I remember, hi."

"I'm going back with the group, I'll let you two alone. I'm sure you have plenty of things to talk about. Bye!" Jenny waved at me, pushing her friend a little in my direction and went away.

The night couldn't get any better.

Lucy laughed awkwardly and came beside me. I let out a sigh and glanced at her.

"What do you want?" I had to talk closer to her ear, the music was incredibly loud and she was short so I had to bent down a little bit too.

She bit her lips and glanced at me batting her eyelashes. "Watermelon vodka, please."

She would never order something so sweet. She was more of a whiskey girl, and I liked that about her.

God, I needed to stop thinking about her.

I nodded at Lucy and ordered the two drinks. When we came back, I saw that my friends were spread around a table where there were couches that were screaming at me to sit down. I went to one of them and sat down next to Leo who was trying to hit on Quinn as always, but she was clearly not interested. Lucy sat beside me, took a sip of her drink and put it on the table.

I took a sip of mine and let my eyes wander around the place. It was packed, people dancing and sweating against each other. I couldn't help but think of that time almost a year ago when I danced here with her.

"So, Ace." I heard Lucy beside me let out a big breath as she moved closer. "What have you been up to?"

I glanced at her as she crossed her legs and took a big gulp of my drink this time. I definitely needed it.

"You know, studying and stuff."

"Oh yeah, you're studying medicine, aren't you?"

"Hmh."

"That's so hot." She muttered. I didn't know if she wanted me to hear it or not, but I clearly did.

She cleared her throat and smiled. "You've also been working out a lot lately, right?" She brought her hand forward and squeezed my bicep as she gave me what I guessed was a seductive look.