Chapter 12: First times

What did I think of him? That he was hot. That his skin made me want to touch every inch of his body. That his eyes were rare and beautiful. That his mouth was the perfect shape to hold mine. That he was intriguing, mysterious and had that air of 'I don't give a fuck' around him that made me crazy.

Was I going to say all that?

Of course not.

"That you were serious." I declared after a moment of thinking and studying his face.

He chuckled and leaned back on his arms behind him. "That's what came to your mind?"

"Yes. When you first meet someone what a normal person would do is smile. You know like 'hey, how are you' and then you smile." I gave him a fake smile as I said it. "But you were deadly serious. You intimidated me with those eyes." I gestured with my fingers to his eyes, waving my hand around his face.

He leaned forward, grabbed the bottle and frowned. "What's wrong with my eyes?"

"I don't know. They're hypnotizing." I shrugged and stared at them just to confirm what I was saying.

We stayed like that for a few seconds. Like he wanted to prove something. He looked away and I couldn't help but grin. I picked the bottle taking a sip.

"Okay, your turn."

"I was going to ask another thing but since you asked that... What did you think of me?"

He bit the corner of his mouth thinking. "Well, the first time I saw you was not at the party, it-"

"When was it?" I was quick to ask with curiosity.

"I was just about to tell you, if you'd let me speak." He said rolling his eyes. I smiled apologetically and he kept going staring at the water in front of us. "It was last year. It was one of those bonding Fridays. I used to go a lot and I never saw you there. You were in a group of people but I could only hear your voice. You are loud, you know." He glanced at me and I laughed at that and adjusted myself on the blanket so I could be closer to him. He glanced back at the water. "You were talking about something that happened to you with a water balloon and people were laughing at the story."

"Oh! I remember that! Someone threw one from the rooftop and hit me on the back." I laughed at the memory. It wasn't funny at the moment, though.

He chuckled. "So," he raised his eyebrows at me, "the first thing I noticed about you is that you stood out, in a good way. You have the ability to draw everyone's attention and you don't even do it on purpose." This time he was staring at me, narrowing his eyes as if thinking of something. I kept quiet. I could only hear our breathing. Mine faster than his. "But if you let me be honest, the first thing I thought was that you had a great ass." He shrugged a shoulder and bit the corner of his mouth, this time fighting a laugh.

I rolled my eyes blushing and chuckled. "Way to ruin a moment." I bit my lower lip. "Okay, next question." I glanced at the bottle and saw it was already halfway. I was beginning to feel a little happier than usual.

He took a sip and began to play with one of the laces of his sweatpants. "Mhm." He thought about it for a second more. "Okay, I got it. Why this obsession about nothing serious, no strings attached? Why don't you do relationships?"

That caught me by surprise. I tried to shrug it off.

"You know, usually this game goes something like this: what's your favourite colour? Blue. Great! Next question."

"That's boring. I prefer my questions, they make you nervous." He said playfully. "So?"

"I don't know." I said shrugging and quickly grabbed the bottle taking a big gulp.