Chapter 42: Tortilla

"Mhm. Smells good in here."

I opened the door a little more for Ace to come in. He walked in and went towards the kitchen, not before kissing the hell out of me.

"I've made something special." I said following him. "Tortilla de patatas." He glanced at the plate, his eyes widening and leaned down to smell it.

"Oh my God," he closed his eyes, "that looks delicious. Spanish omelette, right?"

I nodded happily. "My mom taught me how to make it when I left home, but I haven't made it since then."

"Okay, I'm starving. Can we eat now?" His eyes not leaving the plate.

I laughed. "Sure."

We had dinner on the floor, our backs laying on the couch. I said I liked to do it, and he wanted to do the same. The living room was dark, just the light of the TV illuminating the place.

"Seriously, you need to make another one for my parents." He said after putting his plate on the table. "They're gonna love it." He put a hand on my thigh.

"Okay." I giggled.

He ate more than half of it, I only had a slice. I went to let our plates in the dishwasher, when he called my name.

"Martina, you just got a text!"

I glanced at him and saw he had my phone on his hands, his face lit up as he stared at the screen.

"Read it! Since you seem to know my code." I said amused. I walked towards him and sat down by his side facing him. He didn't seem to care about my comment and read my text just like that.

"It's Nathan." He handed me the phone.

I let it on the couch without even looking at it. That was for embarrassing me that morning. Ace glanced at the phone and then back at me confused. "Seriously Ace, how do you know it?"

He bit the corner of his mouth innocently. "I'm just very observant."

"Yeah, I noticed that." I chuckled.

He sat closer to me, putting his hand on my thigh. "You don't want me to know it? Are you hiding something?" He asked playfully narrowing his eyes.

I thought about it for a moment glaring at the ceiling. "Mhm, apart from my other lover, I don't think so." I shrugged.

He let out a chuckle. "Well, I hope he's as good in bed as me, 'cause you're not having it with me." He crossed his arms over his chest.

I laughed and went to sit down on his lap, my legs on each side of his body. "Oh mi vida, no one's better than you in bed." I said with a grin, cupping his cheeks with my hands. I approached my face to kiss him but he pulled apart.

He took my hands off his face and started playing with them. "What have you called me?"

"¿Mi vida?" I asked shyly.

"My life?" He asked narrowing his eyes. I nodded with a grin. My boy is smart. "I like it." A small smile curling up on his lips. He leaned over and brushed his lips against mine. "Keep calling me that."

"Okay." I laughed. I placed my head on his shoulder and began tracing kisses down his neck. I did it absentmindedly, I was thinking of something. "Did your mom speak English before knowing your father?"

"Do you seriously wanna talk about that now? I was enjoying those kisses." He leaned and gave me a kiss on the lips. I smiled and stared at him.

"Yes, I'm curious."