Chapter 30: Ragazza

Surprisingly, Ace didn't have to explain our relationship to anybody. He just introduced me as Martina, and everyone was happy with that. The problem was when I met his nonna.

His mother opened her eyes widely as she saw us. His grandma was right beside her.

"Ace! Where were you?" She gave a kiss on his cheek while she muttered something about how he could have combed his hair. She then glanced at me. "Martina! Ma che bellissima!" She said waving her hands in the air. I smiled widely. I understood perfectly.

"Grazie." I replied laughing. She gave me a kiss too.

Ace was kissing his grandmother when her eyes locked on me. She glanced at our hands and just at that moment I realized he was still grabbing mine. She was a really petite woman, and very elegant. Her hair was completely grey and she wore a French roll. Her eyes were a beautiful green that matched her dress. She smiled at me and I did too. Ace then let go of my hand.

"Nonna, this is Martina."

"È la tua ragazza?" She asked him. He shook his head and she gave him a look of disbelief. I didn't get any of that. She glanced at me again and grabbed my hands with both of hers. "Nice to meet you, Martina." She said smiling widely in a really strong Italian accent. "You can call me Fabiola."

"Nice meeting you too, Fabiola." I grinned. She then leaned over and gave me a loud kiss on the cheek. I was used to these kind of things, my spanish family did the same.

"Spero che il prossimo che va all'altare sia tu." She patted Ace's chest.

He rolled his eyes at her, muttered something in Italian, took my hand again and we sat down on the first row with them. His father would accompany her sister to the altar, so he was not here yet.

"You told me you didn't speak Italian." I leaned down to whisper in his ear.

"I said I don't speak much Italian, but I understand it all."

"Oh." I looked forward again.

"Why? You wanna know what nonna asked me?" He smirked with an amused expression.

"Yes." I said honestly, glancing up at him again.

"Well, you'll have to learn Italian." He bit his lower lip. I glanced at it and then looked into his eyes again.

"When you learn Spanish." I said raising an eyebrow. I scanned the place and saw that all the seats were almost filled. "Where are your little sisters?" I whispered.

"They're the flower girls." He said with a smirk licking his lower lip.

I nodded in understanding. I glanced at the altar and didn't notice that the groom was already there. He was tall, with very dark hair and blue eyes. It was clearly visible that he was nervous. A little bit of sweat in his forehead.

The musicians began playing a song with their violins. The song rang a bell, but I couldn't quite decipher which one it was.

The groomsmen appeared in the runway, followed by the bridesmaids.

Two little girls in white, wearing little flowers on their heads appeared. They were identical. The two of them had short brown wavy hair and amber almond eyes. If Valentina was also like that, they all seemed to look like their mother. I wondered how his father was. They weren't one of those families who had pictures everywhere around the house. It had more of a minimalist design.

You could clearly see that one of the girls was shyer than the other one. They both had little baskets and one of them was waving at everyone instead of throwing the petals. Everyone waved at her and smiled at the view. Her hair was a little messy already. Her mom was trying to catch her attention and waved at her for the little girl to do what she had to do and slow down. I giggled at that and Ace turned his head to me and bit his lower lip, shaking his head amused.