Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"Don't you think it's kind of cliche to have a costume party on Halloween in a house like this ?"

The three of us - Harry, Admira, and I - are traipsing through the courtyards of the Moore hotel as I avoid the chaos of the party. I'm suppose to be serving "finger foods" literally food that's the shape of fingers, but gladly Harry carried me away to the hedged maze located by the side of the house. It looks like something out of alice and wonderland.

We zig and zag until we make our way to the court hard hidden away. It's like a miniature city itself with a small greenhouse to the side. Wide pathways act as roads through elaborate tombs. They remind me of a tiny gothic city with it's arched stones and statuary. A hedged wall and statued men run the perimeter. Matured flowered branches stretch their branches overhead and wave their beauty around.

It surely is quieter out here though you can still hear the rumbled music of Edvard Grieg from the no less impressive house.

"I mean we might as well be in a cementery to add to the cliche." I'm so glad Harry and Admira know their way around because I am so lost.

"You couldn't be more right." Harry agrees with me "except we're in a graveyard not a cementery."

"You're joking?" I freeze in a tracks you're telling me this place is built on a cementery?!"

"Graveyard." Harry corrects me "but yes"

"Oh like there's a difference."

"Well yes. A cementery is always located on a churchyard. While a graveyard is set aside just for burials."

"You know more useless crap then needed." Admira chimes in as I giggle at her two sense

"Oh I'm sorry would you rather be inside serving finger snacks to David or Martha Mae" Harry roles his eyes "or should I say igor and the crept keeper" he smiles to himself

"Or maybe you're just upset because mr Moore won't be able to woo you with his knowledge of ghost stories."

"Oh yeah" I role my eyes "because you've done such a great job with that area of wisdom yourself." I laugh

We wonder a little further through the court yard before we finally pull a blanket out and lay it over a perfect patch of greenary.

"I'm hungry" Admira wines

"Why did you even come I told you to stay in the house ."

"But the voices were getting too loud."

Harry leans a little closer to her and lowers in a whisper "and I told you what to do when that happens."

"But it's halloween, they get mean they try to get me into the room of Mirrors."

"Ugh Admira can you just leave!"

"Nuh huh." She laughs and that's when Harry gets up an chases her around the statues. They remind me of little siblings.

"aaaah" Admira is kicking and screaming as Harry throws her over his shoulder.

"I'll be right back don't move." He tells me. "Oh and whatever you do ... Just don't look at your reflection there's a lot of little mirrors around."

"What?" I giggle "do I have something on my face?"

"No you're face is ... Perfect" he smiles just don't ... Just stay put got it ?"

I sit in the dark shadows on the night for what seems like forever. I don't know if I'm more afraid of mrs Mae finding me slacking off or if something spooky raises from the dead and dragging me to the corners of hell.

My mind can't help but wonder to the diary entries I found. Whoever wrote those basically claimed to be dead. And if that's true then that means there a ghost living in that house. I mean I already confirmed that I have probably made a few confretations with the dead but just the thought especially on a Halloween night sends shivers through my spine.

Rustling of a few leaves break my concentration as I expect Harry to come through the arch of of the hedges except as the figure gets closer it's not Harry who walks through it's someone else.

----

I know it's been a while! Finally an update!! Sorry I'm moving AGAIN but to another country so you know it's been pretty hectic but I hope y'all like this chapter I've already written the next part ;) but in order to get it I want at least

20 comments leave feedback!!