Chapter 16

Chapter 16 

Harry's POV 

"I trust you." She half whipsers. 

I couldn't believe the words coming out of her mouth. I was afraid to even blink, thinking that if I closed my eyes for them only to open from a beautiful nightmare. I am enveloped by her smell, melons and seasonal flowers, that ever-present loamy tang of her elixir. I was acceding, allowing myself to be led by her words, trying to give no trace of how happy I truly was. I guess I wasn't as good of an actor as I thought, and wasn't able to fully contain my feelings of wanting to be happy, because she smiles at me and grabs my hand. 

"Lets get out of here, just for today. We have to snatch the sun when we have it." 

But she wan't talking about the physical sun, because it was barely snowing outside, a mist of clouds still hovered above. She was talking about the warmth of our happiness, the warmth she radiated off so effortlessly. I wasn't so sure if I was capable of dispensing such a type of heat, and if I did, it came and went like the London sun. But maybe it was reflected warmth, and maybe Belle was my sun. She seemedd vital to me now, and a gust of realization hits me, perhaps it is fate that has brought Belle here to me, but not just me but we who few remain. 

Sometimes, fate or whatever you want to call it, leaves a door a little open for you to walk through it. Sometimes it leaves the door completely locked and you have to find a key, possibly even have to pick the lock or kick the damn thing down to get through it. It doesn't matter what the obsticle is, if you wait around for someone to open it for you, you'll have a hard time finding any source of happiness. 

"Let me just do something before we leave." I tugg my covers tight, regaining my equilibrium. 

"It's alright, take a shower, clear your mind, don't rush it. Come find me when you're ready. I'll be in my room." Her voice is warm and soothing, giving me a sincerity I do not deserve, but crave for. I paste on a reassuring smile and wait for the click of the door as she leaves the room. I still can't quite put the reasoning behind why she would trust me, after all I told her not to trust anyone. I had to hide my secrets so I wouldn't lose the trust I didn't even know I gained. 

In the bathroom I splash water on my face. I stare in the mirror looking at my relfection. Misty eyes stared back at me with a fabricated emotion. "What do you want from me?" I say coolly. "You better not even think about hurting her, but I guess you can't since she doesn't know and all you can do is mimic my every move you nauseating son of a bitch." I try to say ammused but it's hard to keep that tinge of something else out of my voice.

There's a beat of silence, I needed to protect Belle, she saw me in a way I hadn't intended to be seen. And that was our secret, something special a connection only her and I could share. There was something I needed to take care of. I excise any bit of nostalgia from my missives, as I make my way to the attic. No matter how much Belle tried to clean this place, it will always reverted back to its messy nature, because like I told her ... she doesn't like her stuff being touched. 

"W-where's my baby ... my husband ... my house?" Says a confused quivering voice. The attic room is drafty, with the windows rattling in the snowy wind.

"Sarah listen, I'm hear to help you. I think I found a way to fix your problem. To get your house back. You only need to be patient." I try to consule her.

"B-but you said-"

"I know what I said! ...  It's a process you have to trust me, you just need to stay hidden and not bother Belle or anyone else any longer." I say with an acid reply. 

"But she keeps touching my things, I don't like that not one bit" 

"It's not her fault just drop it."