Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Harry's POV

I can see why Belle is constantly on her toes. Always keeping watch for something suspicious. I don't blame her. She should be on her guard. As much as she doesn't want to believe it, she knows there is something ghostly about this house. The more she denies it the more you can sense the struggle she has in her heart to believe. If only she understood that if she believed, things would get easier. 

I can't say the same for her  sister's physco creep husband. Out of all the ominous things that go on around in this place seen and unseen, he almost beats it all. I can see how much he troubles Belle the most. The way he gives her the thousand yard stare and the way she pivits around the corner if she spots him coming her way. She shouldn't have to worry, for I'm not the only one watching his every move. 

It's nearly noon when I walk into the kitchen and there's no one in here. Well besides , Martha Mae  but I would never count her in anything. 

"Evening Martha." I say to her without the slightest eye contact. 

"Listen you little dumb ass. This isn't going to stand. I see you running around with that girl when I specifically told you to stay away. You will ruin everything. I'm trying to build a business,  a new life here and you're not going to screw this up!" 

"Well that escalated quickly. Listen, I got it okay? I grew up in this house with you remember? And I specifically remember it was always what you were trying to do for Admira and this house." 

"Admira is a good girl and a good daughter. Sure she can get a little out of control at times but never has she been like you." She yells at me getting all teary in the eyes. Oh boo-hoo don't get all sentimental on me. This Bitch. 

"Oh golly gee. I'm sorry I was a little annoyed with you after I caught you skanking around with her father." I say in the most sarcastic tone I can possible muster, which isn't too hard to do. 

"I wasn't "skanking" around. I was 15 years old when I met your father. I had no idea what I was doing or what I wanted." 

"Oh yeah? how'd that work out for ya? You know staying with my father for 20 years?" 

"I hate you. You'd never had an ounce of kindness for me." She's almost in tears now, hoping I'd join her pity party. It's time to throw the tables around. 

"You know what's weird Martha? How'd you get the money to run this place? To even keep this house for all these years? We haven't had a dime in our life. We've been worryin about money since I can remember ." I spit out at her. 

"Stop calling me Martha! I am your mother!." 

And that's how I know she's has run of of things to say, and I'm glad because I was bored of this conversation. I can care less what she has to say. I merely joined the conversation in spite, to annoy her actually. Ever since the accident, I feel nothing for the woman. 

"Yeah I know. Don't remind me." I say to her as I walk out the door with no more than a backwards glance. 

Yes Ms. Martha Mae is my mother. But it's not something I would go bragging about. She's as much as a monster as she claims me to be. If half these people at this crappy motel new what she was doing, they would probably have her arrested. The worse part is that I have to help her, If I didn't,  I might not be able to stay here. As much as I hate staying in this dank hell hole, I unhappily have to. 

Damnit. I hate how Belle "needs" to rest. Who really needs sleep now a days anyway? I'm going to go out of my mind if I don't find something to do. Ever since Belle happened nothing seems as fun as it use to be. I use to like being lonely, and to tell you the truth I really didn't like Belle in the first place. She seemed like an uncharitable little brat, but I shouldn't be one to judge. I had no idea what she had been through. At times, I myself don't even know what I've been through. 

As I walk down every hall I cross paths with the twat, David. I swear to God if he says something about anything - 

"How's your whore?" He says as he walks past me smiling like a dick. 

"What did you just say?" I freeze in my tracks feelig my anger boiling over already. 

"Belle. She's a whore you know? I've known whats she's done. With whats' his name? That tall bloke, Will?" 

"Don't you ever call her that again. And how the fuck? How fuckin' dare you listen in to her personal life when you have no fucking right!" I am inches away from his face ready to punch him back into existance. 

"Ha" he laughs under his breath. "You're a damn joke. You're letting that bitch run you like a puppet. You're so weak now." 

"You don't even know me anymore. And she's not controlling me. She just cares for me, something you wouldn't remember how it feels. And she's not a bad person, she's just not perfect at least she tries." 

"You don't get it do you? She's ruined you. Look how sappy you've become. And why the hell is your hand wrapped?" He chuckles 

"If you hate her so much then why did you try to take her?" I say ignoring his comment. 

He comes real close to me and whispers in my ear. "Just to spite you. I really don't like used toys." 

And now he's smiling again and simply turns around. I almost have enough pride to walk away and show it doesn't bother me. Not to give him the benfit of the doubt. But oh God does it bother me and I have every right to kill him all over again. 

I eye the corners of the hallway walls and search for the most jagged item I can get my hands on. On one of the doors a rusty nail hangs loose and I snatch it without hesitation. My breath becomes jagged as my blood rushes with adrenaline. I've missed this feeling, of what I'm about to do. 

Only a few more steps and SMACK. Except that wasn't me who threw the first blow. David turned around and threw a punch into my stomach knocking every inch of wind out of me. I'm surprised that I can barely speak. 

"There's the Harry I remember." He whispers to me before we both look to our right and see Mr. Moore stride past. What the hell is he doing in this part of the house. Has he been listening the entire time? We both nod and David leaves me sliding to the ground to catch my breath. 

My mind wonders back to Belle. It's hard to wonder in a place like this. There's always something going on and 90% of the time it isn't good. Everyone is supsicious and only watches for their own back. We live in a selfish and scary world. And today is the scariest for it's Halloween, and some of the scariest people will come out. You probably won't see them, but that doesn't mean they won't leave something behind to show you they were there. 

Someone might get the feeling that something bad is going to happen tonight, but it might be that something bad is going to happen tonight, and you're just going to have to show up to find out. 

----

crappy chapter I know! But I wanted to update! I promise the next chapter will be AWESOME and full of surpises! 

I want at least 15 more comments before I update! Okay love you people I hope you continue to read and are enjoying my story muah xx