Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A fist pounds against my door. Frightening memories flood through my mind like lost nightmares. I toss and turn trying to shake the memories loose. Rapid fire knocking doesn't stop my stirring only makes it worse. Two arms are wrapped around me. Oh no my nightmares have become a reality. "Belle... Belle wake up, are you there?"

"No no! Get off me how'd you find me??" I scream still barely awake

"Shh shh shh Belle wake up it's me Harry, that's all"

My eyes jolt open and I explode out of bed. Harry? wait what time is it six o'clock? Wasn't there something I needed to do?

"Hmm" Harry clears his throat. I was akwaken so abruptly I'm forced to shade my eyes. "Are you alright? You were screaming bloody murder"

I try to gather my thoughts "what the hell Harry you just scared me awake what are you doing in here this early?"

He chuckles then looks at me "you slept in you're late I had a feeling you would, that's why I snuck in and thought to help you" help me? Oh no no NO. I overslept! I can't believe I overslept! How could this happen it's technically my first day and I screwed it up!

"Will you move already?!" I scream In frustration. "Um" Harry looks up and sees me holding my uniform. His lips pierce together in a malicious smile "ugh turn around just turn around there's no time!" he quickly spins around and his shoulders hunch low as he sits at the end of my bed to prove by posture how hard he is not looking. I glance over to ensure he's still in state of not looking. In one fast movement I strip off my clothes and I'm officially stark naked in a dark room with the most beautiful boy I've ever met.

Once I'm entirely dress I don't even give Harry my second attention I tear down the staircase and race toward the kitchen and there sits my worse nightmare. Mrs. Mae already dressed with her blonde hair in her I can already tell everyday classic up-do. Her icy blue eyes are im pretty sure piercing into my soul.

"Mrs. Mae I'm so-" she cuts me off and I'm flustered. "Just take a seat dear..." The air is tense "I'll let you off with a warning since this is your first day, but I don't take tardiness likely. I expect you to be down here before me with a pot of hot tea ready to serve". I don't dare to argue

"Yes ma'am" I look down at my hands

"But I'm a forgiving woman so let by-gones be by-gones, now let's get started, today all I want you to do is to start cleaning the attic" she pauses to stir her tea the very one that's taunting me, torturing me on my tardy behavior. "You see, it's been ages since it's been cleaned not many people go up there" she gets up from here seat and searches through a small closet finally pulling out a little bucket filled with cleaning supplies for me I assume.

"I'm not expecting you to finish oh no this will be your little project. I just want you to ... Scratch the surface." She gives me a soft smile. She actually looks nice when she smiles. She should utilize the corners of her mouth more often.

"Yes ma'am of course." I grab the bucket of supplies and head towards the little string that would lead me to the attic. When I finally locate the dangling object and pull it a ladder unfolds and descends to the ground allowing me access up. I follow the creak in each step. The attic is too dark I can barely see the outline of my own hands.

After a few minutes of searching I finally locate the lightbulb yet another string. Automatically it illuminates the gigantic and taunting room. Sheets of dust blankets everything in sight. I start to cough just thinking of all the dust that's going to fly into my lungs. I notice a long rope that dangles from the ceiling and it's purpose puzzles me. The room is amazing. In addition to the paraphernalia tapes to the walls, there are dozens of china plates, cups, and boxes filled with the strangest things like stones, old phots, and pressed flowers to name a few. 

It looks as if someone hasn't lived in here for years or at least took the time to avoid it purposely. I pull my long wavy golden brown hair into a ponytail to prevent it from falling in my face.

I start by tearing the wallpaper down. I'm forced to hold by breathe from the excess amount of dust floating around. That's the last thing I want is to have my dead suffocated body left up here never to be found.

A few hours pass and I'm still piled high with work when I notice a few books. I've always loved to read. I grab them from a box and begin to shelve them. After the third one I notice they're all not books but journals. I wonder if they're Mrs. Mae's? Uh oh stop Belle this would be considered snooping wouldn't it? Her words haunt the pink folds of my brain.