"In everything but the name." I reaffirm.

----------

We danced for another hour and I can't remember when I had that much fun. We swayed and twirled and in general made a fool out of ourselves slow dancing to pop songs. As we spun around in circles and laughed over stupid jokes. Although we mostly poked fun at our dancing, we are both lousy dances.

I had no care in the world, not for the girls whispering or pointing. I was solely focused on the moment and Derric. All of my problems and worries seemed to melt away just by being with him. The feeling was exhilarating.

Although after an hour we began to feel a slight drainage of energy and decided to take a break. "Drinks?" Derric suggested, a slight pant to his voice. I could see a few beads of sweat on his forehead and the light tinge of pink to his cheeks.

"Sounds good." I say trying to catch my breath. Derric left with the promise he would be back with two cold drinks.

I leaned against the table overlooking the dance floor and taking in my surroundings. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, either dancing, chatting or taking pictures at the photo booth. It seemed like nothing could bring me down.

Of course I had to jinx it.

As my eyes swept over the party, I caught sight of Edmon. He turned his head at the right moment and our eyes met, his widened in shock. Now was not the best time for a confrontation. I didn't want to argue with him again.

I saw Edmon walking towards me, intending to approach. Fortunately Derric came back with two drinks in his hands. "Don't worry, it's just soda." He hands me one without looking before catching sight of my face.

"You looked spooked, what's wrong?"

"Edmon." I nodded my head in his general direction.

"Do you want me to tell that piece of shit to go away?" His voice revealing a harsh anger. Nevertheless, I shook my head.

"I'll deal with him later." It was a promise I had every intention of keeping.

----------

Derric and I took our drinks away from the general party. He led me to a quieter part of the country club, still decorated in all its party glory. We could still feel the pulsing of the music.

We stood by a tall table overlooking a balcony. "Do you want to step outside?" Derric asks with an eyebrow raised.

"It's freezing." I point out, a fact I neglected to feel walking in.

Derric shrugged off his black suit jacket and draped it across my shoulders. "Better?" He asked.

"Just a little." I say. He puts an arm around my shoulder and leads us outside. One cold wind hits our face and freezes us up instantly. One more minute out there and we would have gotten frostbite.

Without a word exchanged between us, we walk right back out. "That was short lived."

"Yeah the cold really ruined the moment." I laughed and he joined in.

There goes that hallmark moment every talks about.

"I like spending time with you." I blurt out, subconsciously wrapping his jacket still on my shoulders tighter. "I can be myself for once without having to hide."

"I don't want you to hide yourself with me. I want get the real and true Blondie." He takes a step closer to me. "And for the record, I like spending time with you too."

He cleared his throat and looked nervous for a second. "I have something I want to tell you, and it's slightly embarrassing if it turns out the way I think it will." He was rambling.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "You can tell me." I urge him, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"I can't get you out of my mind Blondie. It seems like every thought I have always finds a way back to you. And I hate that I can't put a name to the face because I have come to know so much about you."

"What I'm trying to say is, I have feelings for you, but I feel it's incomplete without your name."

"Derric-"

"Please don't tell me I've read this situation wrong and made a complete fool out of myself." He shakes his head.

"You're not wrong." I say quietly. It was now or never.

I put my hands on the back of my mask and slowly untie the knotted ribbon. I close my eyes and slide it off, falling into my hands. I was finally ready. The mask comes off and he sees my uncovered face.

"My name is A-"