"Oh, really. It sounds really good."

"Yea, after you came and kind of helped change the lyrics we kept working on it."-Edwin

"Is it finished?"

"Nah, not yet. We got a melody for the last part of the chorus, but can't think of the lyrics."-Edwin

"Can I hear?"

"Yea, sure. Brandon play it back."-Nick

The song started to play and it was the same opening from the studio except the background beat was a little different. It sounded really good, and I could tell the boys were really into it. Instead of Zion opening it was Brandon and Edwin. The chorus started to play and then the track cut off.

"Wow, that's really good. That sounds better than the last time."

"Thanks. You don't happen to be as good at songwriting as you are at singing are you?"-Brandon

"Hmm.. Play it back one more time."

Brandon started playing the track from the bridge and until it cut off at the chorus. I started humming the beginning lyrics, and I didn't realize I was singing my ideas for lyrics out loud.

"Let me step back for a moment....moment... hold me... hold me in all of my broken.."

"Hold up, sing that again."-Nick

"Hold me in all of my broken."

"I like that."-Edwin

"Yea, that's good."-Zion

"Keep going, Nessa."-Brandon

"Uhm okay, let me think... hold me in all of my broken.. mmmm...mmmm... Don't let... don't let me go cause I'm falling.... mmhmm... mhhmmmm..."

"Yo, Nessa, that's good."-Austin

We kept working until we all finished up the chorus. The boys went in and recorded it.

"Baby, I'm tryna tell you I'm sorrryyyyy."-All 

"Yo, that's gonna go crazy."-Edwin

"Thank you, Nessa."-Brandon

"You're welcome."

"It's sad you got all this potential, and we're the only ones who get to hear it. I mean you can sing AND write AND dance. You're a triple threat."-Edwin

"I appreciate it, but I'll leave the hit-making to you guys."

"I'm just saying you're doing the world a disservice."

I stayed and hung out in the studio with them until it go late.

"I'm gonna head home. It's getting late."

"Okay, I'll call you tomorrow."

"I gave him and kiss and then picked up my keys to leave.

"Hey, when are ya'll gonna release it?"

"When the time's right."

PRESENT TIME

The song was still playing and then the chorus came. I was listening and then the end caught my attention. The end of the chorus wasn't the same from when I was with them in the studio. I played the lyrics back and my head and it started to make sense. Kayla finally realized the song and rushed to turn the radio off.

"I'm sorry, Nessa."

"Don't be sorry. How were you suppose to know that it would be playing."

I felt my eyes start to water, but I blinked them away.