Epilogue

10 years later
Luke

"You're doing so well, one more minute ok?" I said to an extremely nervous patient. Sierra held her hand while I started filling their tooth.

I took Emily's advice and went for Sierra- it was quite possibly the best thing I'd ever done. Four years ago, we got married and soon after we had our son Charlie.

Besides Emily, they were the two most important people in my life.

"You are all done. Wasn't so bad,was it?"

She shook her head and smiled, her mum thanking me before leaving. I quickly kissed Sierra before we cleaned up and left.

After Emily passed away, I'd trained in paediatrics. Seeing them smile and calming their nerves comforted me, reminding me of how much I can help people.

Of how much Emily and I helped each other.

From Calum:
Where are you? Tom and I just got home but you still aren't here.

To Calum:
Just heading back now. Is little Clifford awake?

From Calum:
Nope but Layla is... Ash literally adopted a child who never stops talking I swear

Just like Emily.

I still thought of her everyday, and how she'd be training to be a doctor. Tom decided to instead, so that he could follow her dreams for her.

"Are you ok?" Sierra asked quietly, opening the door to the drivers side. I was too nervous to drive.

My mind was never focused anymore if I wasn't working- it hadn't been since her death. No matter how much help I got, the struggle was still in the back of my mind.

She'd kick me for it.

"Yeah... yeah. Just thinking,"

"Crystal and I are heading out with Charlie and Layla tonight while you guys are at home,"

"Thankyou,"

We discovered what Emily had left us-two dvds. Well, one copy of a dvd for Tom and four copies of another for each of us.

Tonight we were watching them.

"I'll see you later, stay safe," I said to Sierra, kissing her softly and smiling as Crystal brought Charlie and Layla out.

"Hey little guy, you gonna go out with mummy?"

He nodded and bounced excitedly, giving me a high five. I ruffled his hair and kissed his cheek before I started walking towards the house.

Ashton and Calum still lived together, along with Tom, whereas Michael and I had our own apartments. Everyone stayed close though. We wouldn't be able to not.

"Sorry that took so long," I breathed out as I got inside, taking my shoes and coat off.

"It's ok, not like we've been waiting ten years," Calum chuckled, throwing his arm round my shoulder when I sat down.

"I can't believe it's been ten years since she died,"

"It's gone so quick, but so slow,"

"Ten years and I still sit back and wonder how I ended up knowing such an amazing person," Tom said quietly, happily accepting Ashton's hug.

It had changed us all.

"Which one is this?"

"Tom's one... are we ready?" Ashton said. Michael scurried over after making sure his baby was asleep, sitting down and nodding.

"Why do we still try and convince ourselves we are ready?" Calum laughed lightly, trying to hide the nerves.

"I don't know,"

He clicked play.

Instantly, a message popped up.

Hey Tom, I don't know when you're seeing this or if this will even work. Harry says it will so I've got to trust him. It could be days or years after my death. Whenever it is, I still love you. I hope you're doing well and surrounded by people you love. Thankyou for all the memories...

Then it changed again, this time to a photo. Then another, and another.

It was a dvd full of Emily's memories, videos and photos. They were so carefully put together. Tom started crying, quietly, but still crying. Ashton pulled him in for a tighter hug but made sure he could still see the tv.

Harry said it would. That was the turning point for her, when she went to America I feel like she knew she wasn't coming back any better.

The video was a good ten minutes long and I wondered where she even got all the videos from. All of us were speechless.

Calum held my shoulder tightly, biting his lip. Tom was sobbing properly but also smiling.

She went too soon, there was no doubt about that, but she never failed to leave her mark.

One he calmed down, Michael put in the second disc. Another message popped up.

As you've realised, I clearly don't want to be forgotten. Even though I don't want to go, when I do, I don't want you to be sad. We should celebrate the memories we have had so I made this dvd for you. I love you guys, always remember. On both dvds, there's not everything on there because 14 years of incredibleness is too much to fit on. Thankyou Tom, Ashton, Michael, Calum and Luke.

Again, it showed many videos and photos. It varied from days at the hospital to walks and trips out. She even included the ones from the theme park which made me realise how late on she was working on these. So much effort had gone into making sure we were ok when she couldn't physically do it herself.

All of us were a mess.

"Do you guys remember the letters we got? We never talked about them...," Ashton said, smiling to himself.

"Yeah, sometimes I still read mine," Tom mumbled. I chuckled and nodded, agreeing.

"She really was the best thing to happen in my life,"

--------

And that's it!!!!!

Thankyou so much for everything.

I really hope you guys enjoyed this book. Hearing all the responses made me feel so happy and I'm so grateful to be able to call this story mine.

Thankyou !!