Chapter 4

"Pssst." a voice said. "Pssst Liliana, wake up." it continued. "Pssst you're late."

Your eyes slowly cracked open. Pietro. He was sitting on the edge of your bed poking you.

"I am two for two Liliana. This is the second time I beat you." he bragged. You slowly sat up in your bed and looked at the clock. 11:12

"Oh God Pietro I am so sorry. I totally forgot. I'm not used to having plans." you apologized.

He shrugged it off, "It's cool. I like beating you." he grinned.

You rubbed your eyes, "How did you even get in my house?" you inquired.

He shrugged, "Your window. You should probably lock it, thieves could get in." he grinned.

"Oh ha ha." you chuckled sarcastically. You climbed out of the bed. "Let me take a quick shower."

"There's no such thing as quick with you humans." he teased.

"Hey! Not my fault I'm not a mutant."

"Hm. I guess you're right. Go take your shower. I'll be here rearranging your room a few times." he informed.

You raised an eyebrow and shrugged before heading to the bathroom.

You peeled off your clothes and showered as quickly as possible. After that you dried off and got dressed.

"All done. How was that? "You asked.

"Hm. Well I rearranged your entire room about ten different times within those 7 minutes. So I would say you're pretty slow."

You sat down in the bed next to Pietro and shoved at his shoulder. "Oh whatever. So what are we doing today? "

"I was thinking something fun yet relaxing how about we go to the park. It's such a beautiful day. Not as beautiful as you but," he shrugged, "Still amazing."

You nodded excitedly. "I haven't been to the park in forever!" You hopped off the bed excitedly and grabbed Pietro's hand and pulled him up off the bed.

"Somebody's eager." he teased.

You slapped his arm playfully, "Oh hush let's go!" He stretched out his hands and you climbed into them.

He peered down at you," Ready?" you nodded and ducked your head into his chest before he took off. Seconds later you guys were at the park blocks from your house. He set you down and you wobbled a bit before gaining your balance. He studied your face for a second. "You alright?"

"Yeah it takes a bit of getting used to. I would say 'race you to the swings' but we both know who would win that race." you began to walk off in the direction of the swing set. Pietro was at your side in a second. You hopped on the swing and began to kick your legs back and forth. Pietro sat beside you and grabbed your hand.

"Your hands are so tiny." he joked observing your small hand.

"Maybe your hands are just big. Ever think of that?" you joked back.

"Hm. I don't think so." you jerked your hand away from him and stuck your tongue out at him. He got off the swing and went behind you.

"What are you doing?' you questioned him.

"Pushing you silly. I thought it's what you girls like."

You giggled and he pushed you higher and higher on the swing.

"Jump off I'll catch you." he prompted.

"I don't know Pietro..."

"Aww come on Liliana. You know I will catch you."

"Okay." you squeezed your eyes shut before flinging yourself off of the swing. A second or two went by as you anticipated a hard crash to the ground. You fell into something slightly hard and you opened your eyes to see Pietro looking down at you.

"See, I told you I would catch you." he smiled.

You nodded reluctantly, "Let's not do that again." you giggled. You heard a branch snap and you looked over Pietro's should to see a group of guys walking towards you two.

He gently set you down on the ground and stood in front of you as a shield.

A blond guy finally broke the intense silence, "You're the guy who stole our stuff."

"So?" Pietro answered calmly.

"So we want our stuff back punk." he shoved at Pietro's chest roughly

"That's not how stealing works dumbass." Pietro shoved back.

"Maybe you should just give their stuff back." you interjected

"Yeah man listen to your girlfriend," a brunette said stepping out "Give it back."

"I don't think I will." Pietro grabbed your hand and began to drag you away from them.

In an instant the dark haired guy who kept quiet was in front of Pietro. He grabbed him by the neck and threw him to the ground causing you to fall with him. Pietro's head slammed into the ground you looked as blood faintly dripped onto the ground.

You jumped off of the ground and ran to the dark haired guy and pushed him as hard as you could. "Stop! I'll get you your stuff just leave him alone. Please." you shouted beginning to cry.

He nodded, "You have until tomorrow night. Meet us here and don't bring him." they began to walk away as you rushed back to Pietro.

His eyes barely open and his eyelids were twitching. You pulled his arm around your shoulder and you tried to lift him up. "Come on Piety you gotta help me get you up." you said as calmly as you could. You peered down to see the small puddle of blood under his head. You searched his pockets for his phone and you called 911.

"No they'll know what I've done." he whispered "They'll know I'm a bad guy."

"You're not a bad guy but you need help right now we can lie. We don't have to tell them the truth. They don't have to know." you consoled.

He slowly lowered his head back down to the ground. "Whatever you say beautiful." he faintly smiled. His eyes started to close.

"No, no, no" you said lightly tapping his cheek to wake him. "Stay awake."

"But I'm so tired." he complained.

"You can't sleep you might slip into a coma." his eyes fluttered close again and you drastically pressed your lips to his and his eyes shot open as you heard the sirens getting louder in the background.