Chapter 23

When Pietro came back in with Charles you were crying.

He rushed over to you,"What's wrong princess?"

"Erik's gone."you replied.

"I don't mean to intrude on your thoughts or relationships but I do believe it's what was best. He really cares for you and wanted to be with you he would have eventually came between you and Pietro." Charles interrupted.

You nodded and wiped your tears,"You're right." You have a weak smile.

"I usually am." He smiled and wheeled over to you and began extensively checking you out.

"We're all really glad you woke up. The others have been bugging me to see you. Luckily you're okay but I do recommend spending the next few days in bed."

You groaned," Ugh! Come on! Although this is the most comfortable bed I've slept in I'm ready to get up and move around I need fresh air."

"Maybe Pietro carry you out to the garden for fresh air later tonight. But only if you feel well enough no need to pretend you do. We all understand you're hurt and in pain no one is judging you for being in bed."

You nodded,"I can't thank you enough Charles. Really. You've been a doll. I owe you."

He smiled,"It's my pleasure really. Rest up." He exited the room and left you and Pietro alone.

He walked over to you and sat on the edge of the bed seemingly afraid to get too close.

"You know you could come closer. You won't hurt me." You tried to explain in a sweet tone.

"I just....want to take extra precautions. This is my fault after all. If I haven't overreacted when I heard Erik say he loved you we wouldn't even be in this situation."

You furrowed your brows in frustration." This isn't your fault. You reacted just fine its no ones fault it was an accident. I'm not mad or scared of anybody."

He nodded silently.

"Where have you been sleeping this whole time?" You questioned.

He looked over at the chair beside the bed.

"You're kidding. You slept and sat in a chair for a month? Are you crazy? Have you eaten much?"

"Only whatever was brought to me."

"And what if I would have really died?!?" You said upset and a bit outraged. "Would you have just starved yourself?!? You should've taken more care of yourself. You could've died before I even woke up. Don't you ever do something like that again! I'm serious." Your voice broken down a tear slid down your cheek at the thought of you losing Pietro.

He moved in closer and wiped your tears," I'm so sorry kitten. I should've taken better care of myself. I didn't mean to scare you I was just too worried about you to even think about myself."

"Well don't do it again or I'll kick your butt."
He laughed," I don't doubt that." He kissed your forehead."I love you so much. You'll never even begin to know how much."
You looked up at him and kissed his nose. "Well I love you more than that."
He laughed,"Do you want something to eat? Like actually food that doesn't come from a tube?"
You nodded," yes please but I'm exhausted I just want to sleep now. Can I do that?"
He cocked his head to the side,"Of course beautiful. I'll have some food waiting for you when you get up."
He kissed you again before exiting the room.

A/n- hope you like this one!!!! For my next book I'm thinking Charles. Because who can write xmen fanfics without making one about Charles. But also like I said I'm up to making personal short stories about any topic if requested. So send requests pleaseeeeeeee!!! Also share, vote, message, follow and comment. Thank you!!!