“Some waiter; don’t remember the name,” Hunter shrugged, taking a sip of his beverage. “Not my type.”

“What? He wasn’t a delinquent with light brown hair and blue eyes?” Devon smirked and I had the feeling he meant someone in particular.

“Don’t even go there!” Hunter shook his head. “You know what that lead to.”

“Is that guy wearing a dress?” It was the first time Keegan had spoken since we went inside. I turned around to see who he was pointing at.

“Yep,” I replied, sipping my pink martini with a strawberry on the toothpick instead of an olive.

“But he is a guy, right?” My roommate perplexed.

“Yeah,” I concluded after checking that person out.

No boobies so he must be a guy.

“Why did I let you talk me into coming here?” He shook his head and turned away from the dude with the unusual attire.

“I think he’s stylish,” I commented. “That blue dress certainly goes with his heels.”

He gave me an are-you-out-of-your-mind kind of look so I went on, just to tease him:

“I might even invite him to our table. His hair looks great; he could give us some tips.”

“You are not inviting that freak over!” He snapped.

I slammed my drink on the table, gaining the attention of the other two boys as well.

“So what if he’s wearing a dress?” I shouted angrily.

I really thought Keegan was becoming more open minded, I said to myself as I made my way through the crowd. Guess I was wrong about that.

“Hey,” I tapped the blue dress guy on the shoulder. He turned to me, surprise on his painted face. “Do you want a dance?” I invited and he smiled.

We spent the next few songs shaking our bodies to the beat of the techno music. We didn’t talk much after our brief introduction but he kept smiling at me; not in a flirty, but in a friendly and welcoming way. On the fourth or so song he told me he had to go back to his friends and we exchanged phone numbers. He seemed nice and I really didn’t care he dressed in drag; the other people in the club didn’t seem to mind either even though he was the only one in a dress as far as I could see. I was just making my way towards the table when someone grabbed me by the hand.

“I saw you dancing with Joe,” a pretty boy about my age smiled sweetly at me, naming my new acquaintance. “Wanna dance with me? I like your whacky moves.”

“Actually, I was on my way back to my friends,” I replied, feeling a bit awkward under his hopeful gaze.

“So none of them is your boyfriend?” He leaned forward and at first I thought that was so I could hear him better but he took this chance to place his hand on my hip. It was a light touch, not a demanding one, yet it made me uncomfortable; I was not interested in him.

“Not even the long-haired one?” He went on.

Our table was just thirty feet away so I could see through the gap between the dancers’ bodies that Keegan was glaring my way.

I gulped and squirmed under his gaze.

“No, he’s not my boyfriend.” I removed the boy’s hand. “But that doesn’t matter; you are cute but you are not my type,” I decided to be forward with him. His smile diminished only for a second and then it was back on.