05

Lacey had booked the abortion. She didn't want it but she knew Simon didn't want her to keep the baby. She was close to breaking down.

When morning came, Lacey was lying in bed. She grabbed her phone and text Simon;

Can't I keep it? I'll tell people it isn't yours? - Lacey
No Lacey. It can't happen - Simon

Lacey felt the tears roll down her cheeks. She wanted the baby but she knew Simon didn't want her to keep it.

***
Lacey went into school. Simon walked towards her and took her into his office. He put £300 into her hand. "What's this for?"

"The abortion. And a little extra for you. Treat yourself," Simon said as he put her hair behind her ear. He smiled. "You are beautiful you know."

Lacey pulled away from him. "Don't."

Simon smiled. "If it wasn't for Kendall, I would happily be with you."

***
Lacey had the money in her pocket. She didn't want it. She didn't want the abortion but she knew she needed to. Simon wouldn't be happy.

Lacey checked her phone to see a text from Kendall:

Fancy having a girly night? Pizza, cinema? - Kendall.

Lacey didn't reply. She didn't feel like doing anything. She felt broken.

***
A few days later, Lacey made her way to the clinic. She was going alone as she didn't want to be judged. She had the money on her.

Lacey walked inside. "L-Lacey Mulgrew. I'm here for a termination," she mumbled.

"Take a seat love. Someone will be with you shortly," the receptionist said.

***
"Lacey Mulgrew?"

Lacey stood and followed the doctor. The doctor smiled. "Come along love. This will hurt for a while afterwards."

~~~
Lacey left the clinic and broke down crying. She didn't know what to do. She sat on the steps and cried. She felt like a murderer.

***
Simon knew Lacey was having the abortion. He grabbed his phone and text her:

You're doing the right thing. You can't handle a baby - Simon

He didn't get a reply. He knew Lacey was going to hate him for quite some time but he couldn't have a baby with Lacey. He knew Kendall was the love of his life and his night with Lacey was a moment of weakness.

***
Lacey made her way back home. Kendall was there after having a day off. "Lace? You look dreadful!"

Lacey broke down again. Kendall held her close. "What's happened?" She asked.

"I-I had an abortion," Lacey sobbed. The tears were rolling down her cheeks. She didn't want to be alive anymore.

Kendall was shocked. "Lacey. Why didn't you tell me? I would have gone with you," she said as she held her little sister. She kissed the top of her head. "Who was the father?"

"I can't tell you."

Kendall was about to speak when Simon walked in. He knew judging by Lacey's tears and how broken she looked that she had gone through with it.

Simon knew he needed to keep Lacey quiet about everything. But would Kendall find out that it was him.