Chapter 12 - You Didn't!

Start from the beginning

Return of the feline who hates my presence.  Not that I brought any...

"Da fudge?  Not that beast again!" I exclaim.

Rachelle starts purring while Chev looks at me with a confused expression.  I cringe and lean away from Kate who has a funny look on her face and scrunching her nose.  I lean into Rachelle and practically build an invisible wall between me and Mrs. Kitty.

Kate sniffs deeply before saying rather loudly, "Smells like pizz."

Rachelle starts laughing, remembering what I did.  I don't even remember that.  I thought it was a hedge!  A furry... black one.

Those glowing eyes are glaring at me and I try glaring back and fail.  I'm too tired and pissed and in 'limbo'.  I finally pass out.  This time I'm not faking it.  Or am I?

...6 hours later...

I woke up in the morning feeling like a pancake.  Flattened and heavy.  Speaking of pancakes, that's what my sister prepared for breakfast... and Rachelle.  She's still here!

Oh... woke up in the guest bedroom, not the sofa.  I bet it took a crane to carry me here I feel so heavy.  At least most of my headache's gone and the light is dim, not too overpowering.  I look at my watch, it say 10:41.  As if one cue, WOW.

Rachelle walks into the guest room with a bright smile.  "'Morning, ole drunkard!"

I groan and sit up, rubbing my temples.  "I look like a pancake?" Why the hell did I just say that?  Oh, me Godt!  The alcohol changed me.  I've been transformed... like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

She smiles, amused and jumps on the bed like a ninja.  "My Richie is still out of it," she coos.

I blush deeply and lift my eyebrow at her as she crawls towards me and plops down on the bed next to me.  "My Richie?" I stutter.

"Yeah, we're dating now.  That makes you mine.  My own.  My prrrecioussss..."

Goosebumps travel across my arms and I roll my eyes, amused but still shocked that she's calling me 'hers' after one date... No, not even one date.  "We've only been half a date," I reply.

She purrs.  "Half a date with you stone drunk is better than no date at all."

Fire ant sensations crawl up my neck and chin from embarrassment.  "Well... I-" I stutter and blush furiously, frowning before asking her a question, trying to change the subject.  "How did I get in here?"

"I carried you.  All by myself," Rachelle's eyes are glimmering.

I narrow my eyes.  "You didn't."

"Sure, I did." she replies ever too quickly.

"Uh uh..."

She giggles.  "Fine, I didn't.  I tied a lasso to you and dragged you in here."

I smirk.  "You didn't!"

She nods seriously.  "That's why your clothes are ripped up and torn."

I look down in alarm.

LOUD LAUGHTER.  I blush and look up at Rachelle's quacking.  "You are so- ahaha, thick."

"Shut up," I grumble, my neck hot and stifling a smile.  While she's still distracted I inch my hands towards her and before she knows it.  THUD. She's on the floor.  Now it's my time to laugh.  Only I don't.  I mock a serious face and start whistling, tilting my head towards the ceiling but really looking down to the left at Rachelle's furious face.

"You didn't!"

"You're right I-"

Before I know it.  My back's pressed into the bed and she's on top of me, reaching her hands out to slap me or do something like that, my hands gripping her wrists.  Struggling for a while she manages to get her hand a nice grip on my hair and she pulls.  Hard.  I wince and get a boost of adrenaline causing me to flip her over so she's on her back and I'm on top.

Satisfied I wiggle my eyebrows at her in a very 'not me' fashion and hold her wrists down.  She struggles underneath me and manages to slap me once in the face and I frown.  "Hey!"

She ignores my outcry and insists on mutilating me in anyway possible.  She ends up kicking my legs and struggling with me so hard I actually get tired and with a grunt, I gently press her into the bed with a frown.  "Seriously, Rachelle, I'm sorry.  I was just being funny."

She looks at me with a glare that would wilt me if I was a flower.  "So was I." she says seriously before... stopping her struggles. I look at her puzzled until she purrs and gives me the most seductive grin I've ever witnessed in my life. 

"So you are mine, Richie... And I am yours..."

It's then I realize EXACTLY what position we're in... and it makes my whole body spark into flames.  I look at her with widened eyes and release my hands from her wrists in an embarrased manner. 

THUD.

I'm on the floor and I'm groaning.  She completely took me off guard!  Damn... that girl has the energy and boost of strength of a freakin' sumo.  I swear.  How does she do it?

And she's laughing... again.  I sit up and look at her grinning face and have the great urge to smile.  But something stops me... I can't help but get this feeling that something is wrong.  Like this happiness is only superficial... and temporary.

It's very easy to get along with someone and forget every little thing that has separated you two... but in the end.  Those little things do exactly that.  They separate the couple.  The destiny of two souls depends on whether they both forget each other's faults, or remember and learn from them.

I don't know if I can ever forget Rachelle's faults...