Chapter ~ 24

Sruthi's P. O. V.

           Nothing made sense! Nothing at all. Not even my existence! I know that it's stupid for me to say this but what else do I say? That's how my life is messed up. A few days back, I wasn't happy but was atleast contented! Now! Forget it, I don't even have the power to look back at it. "Nithi! Switch on the AC. She's sweating profusely" Gayu said. I raised my gaze, that's where I saw my sister, with a tray on her hand, which had my lunch. I could sense her worry for me, but neither she's ready to console me nor am I to break down. I felt the chill air hitting me, giving me some peace.

               "I want to feed you Akka. Can I?" Nithi asked me. My eyes shot up. Never in these years of her life has she asked this to anyone. I was dumb founded by her words. I slowly nodded allowing her to feed me. She sat beside me, with the plate on her hand. She ignored the spoon and was ready to feed me with her own hands. The one who was too much considerate about her Manicure and stuff, was leaving everything behind..... That too just to feed me! Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me. Gayu was a silent spectator over there, enjoying our bond!

                 "You aren't dreaming!" Nithi said and fed me a morsel of Rasam (south Indian dish) rice. "I want to talk to you. You don't have to say anything here. You just eat and listen to me." She said. Back to usual! She never let's the other person say anything. Mentally, I chuckled. "I can understand everything that's messed up in your life, and I also understand that I am of no help. But atleast I can be of mental support to you, right?" She asked with moistened eyes. Is this really my fashionista sister? I couldn't believe my ears or eyes. I nodded slowly. She kept another Morsel in my mouth.

            "Eventhough everyone seem to be so fine here, none is actually! All know that, you can never accept anyone else other than Ani mama! See we went to extent of calling him my mama! I know you love him very m-" I interrupted her now, for the first time opening my mouth to speak. "I don't love Anirudh sir!" I said in a stubborn. "You can fool others, even you, by telling this. But World knows that you do feel for him. How long would you cover up your feelings? When you actually know that it's mutual. Hrishi anna was never in the scene. Suddenly he getting popped up from nowhere makes no sense at all! Didn't you feel it?!" She asked. To be honest, I never thought about it at all.

                "Gayu, Hari and I could not leave this, like it is. We did some research and the results were unexpected" Nithi said. Two pairs of curious eyes got stuck to her. "But before revealing about that, let me make one thing clear here. Anirudh has fallen head over heals over you. Truly! So never judge that!" She was confusing me now. Is she trying to say that Anirudh himself is involved in this? What the hell is actually happening? Why am I kept so ignorant about all these?

Anirudh's P. O. V.

          I explained everything to Shubhi and Dhruv. They weren't pretty much shocked to know this. Maybe everyone knew this before me. But definitely this hit me so hard. Now it seems as if they also wanted to keep me ignorant about this. They both looked at each other and turned towards me. Shubhi hesitantly began, "Ani....Sorry to say....but...but we already were aware about this!" "Then why didn't anyone let me know this?" I asked, anger slowly rising.

                "How could we, Ani! How could we so easily tell you that your Mom doesn't want Sruthi to be related to you in any way? For God's sake, she's your Mom. And also, we got to know about it only hours ago, when she made reprimanded Dhruv to pair me up with you" Shubhi said. Wait what? Mom did this? "Was this the only thing left for me to hear? I'm.. I'm really sorry Dhruv! I... I.... I never knew about it!" I was hurt to hell. I can't believe that Mom has gone to such an extent of breaking someone's happiness.

                    "That's okay bro! But tell me, how did you get to know about this? As far as I know, she was well planned!" Dhruv asked. It's time to reveal things now. "It all started off when things made no sense. I was asked to meet the lawyer where Sruthi was also asked to come. Her sister told me that, Sruthi came there because I called her yesterday, while I was in Hangover, which she didn't even care to know ab-" I was interrupted. "Wait! Wait! Wait! There's some serious misunderstanding here Ani!" Dhruv said.

                 Misunderstanding?! Wait! No one except for Shanky and Did know about what happened yesterday. How can he be so sure that this is a misunderstanding? Just then, something struck me. Shubhi was also there with me right? Or she wasn't? As I was debating within myself, Dhruv said, "Ani! I was there with you. Infact Sruthi was also there! She was one who was totally upset about your condition." Scenes of she standing in front of me, with the engagement saree, which actually had mine and her name embedded on it!

                    Even now I could hear that same anklet sound which I heard there before everything could go blank. I turned around and there she was been dragged by someone. She seemed lost. She wasn't aware about anything around her. Eventhough her limbs were working, she was expressionless, her lips were parted, her moist eyes forgot to blink, the slightest bit of pink taint always seen on her cheeks were nowhere to be seen!

On the whole, she looked lifeless!!

                     Vanakkam Anbu ullangale! Hope you all are doing great! So let's come straight to the point! How was the chapter? Suggestions, if any, drop it down in the comments section below. Don't forget to vote for this too.

   Happy Lohri, Makarsankranti to my North Indian friends!!
   தமிழர் திருநாள் நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்!!
  मकरसंक्रांति की शुभकामनाएँ!!