Chapter Nine

Her hand falls further from my waist to my hip. She hikes up my dress revealing a tan thigh. "Omega, you know you want to." Fingers dance across the skin of my thigh, traveling down to my knee and then back up. She playfully nips at my ear.

"Alpha!" Queen Mac growls low when I cry out in surprise from her bite. "Nngh..." I bite my lip when another moan threatens to make itself known. I place my hands on the Alpha's chest and push. The tantalizing scent fogs my mind, all my thoughts are focused on the want and need for this Alpha.

The hand on my thigh trails lower to my inner thigh, and a sultry smirk rests on the Alpha's face. "You smell divine." Queen Mac grips my chin with her hand, sharp canines showing through her smirking lips. "I wonder what you smell like in Heat." She circles my inner thigh with her index finger, pupils blown wide, a thin silver ring surrounding the obsidian pools. She gazes down at me, her Alpha in full control. "It's already a heady scent." Queen Mac inhales, her hand grips my thigh harshly. "I can barely stop myself from taking you right here."

I try to close my legs, hands going down to tug at my dress to cover my wet sex. "Please, don't."

"Don't what?" She asks while still gripping my thigh.

My body trembling, I shake my head. "You can't," I pull my dress an inch lower over my bare thighs. "It's wrong."

She laughs, leaning down to nuzzle at my neck. A warm tongue licks at my throat, fire beginning to rise between us. "Nothing is wrong with mates being together." To prove this, she licks over my sweat gland, marking me. Her body vibrates with a snarl, both hands coming to grip my hips. Queen Mac's fingers dig into my soft skin. I know from her strength that there will be bruises in the morning, another way to mark me as hers.

"No." Inside I scream and thrash. Once her tongue scrapes against my scent gland, the only place where a mate can kiss, my mental shields dissolve. I watch as my Omega finally takes over, pleased hums and whines spilling forth.

"Let me kiss you, let me show you what you're missing." I roll my eyes, after all, that, this is what she wanted?

"No!" Breaking free from the inferior Omega bonds tying me down, I throw myself to the ground and off the Alpha's lap. Gasping for air, I drag myself away toward the fire. The smokey smell fills my nostrils, quickly helping to sober my mind.

I hear an enraged snarl behind me. It causes me to curl up into a ball out of intense fear. Omegas should never reject an Alpha that wants them. My teachings from the Southern Kingdom flow through my mind. But also, partners of the same sex are forbidden, they are seen as disgusting monsters. On one hand, the Omega in me wants to go back to the delicious feelings that Queen Mac awoke within me. On the other hand, my school teachings stop me from continuing this foolish desire.

"Omega...Hope, come back here." I shake when that husky voice reaches my ears.

"No." I crawl further away. "This is wrong!"

Footsteps approach, a shadow descending over my tightly balled-up form. A hand gently brushes over my arm in caution. "What do you mean?"

"Mating women! You can't do that." I slap away her hand with fire in my eyes. "Women do not kiss other women."

Queen Mac's eyes widen, the silver light fading away. "And why not?"

My head jerks back at her total obliviousness, "Because men were made for women." Surely Queen Mac isn't that dumb.

"Who told you that?" She sits down on the carpet a few feet away. Her hands are spread palm side up, and Queen Mac releases a calming scent.

It makes my head go fuzzy, the lingering aftereffects of her powerful Alphan pheromones still permeate the air. "Everyone is taught this in the Southern Kingdom." I cross my arms over my chest to shield myself from her wandering gaze.