Whatever Dude

"BROOOOOOOOO!" Tj's breath left him as he was hit with an onslaught of bro hugs from the basketball team. He felt Cyrus let go of his hand. TJ assumed most of his old friends would be there, but he didn't expect the blur of chest bumps and old handshakes that greeted him. The team was a bright and loud collection of teenagers, he had thought they only talked to him out of obligation, but he was wrong. They were happy to see him and made sure to remind him of the trashy summer parties they used to have at this house.

Noah pat him on his back and said, "Dude, we miss you so much." Noah spoke like a chinchilla but he was the funniest out of all of them.

"Yea, Abe can't captain for shit," said Wyatt in the back, he was tall but not as tall as TJ, "no offense Abe" he added as he took a sip of his drink.

TJ laughed along with them, he missed them. "Yea, I know I cant captain for shit" Abe was only slightly better than TJ, but he didn't mind. They used to play together after school, back when Tj didn't have to work. TJ faintly heard Andi greet Jonah and Walker, who came with Walker's art friends.

"Dude, the party is lowkey trash but Angel's parents left like hella booze so it's lit," said James. James had silky black hair that almost covered his eyes, TJ would be lying if he said he never had a crush on him. What could he say? He dressed nice.

"Oh shit alright, thanks for letting me know," Tj suddenly remembered that his new friends were standing behind him, he felt Cyrus grab his arm, "Uh bros, I want to introduce you to some friends. This is Andi, Buffy, Marty, Jonah, Walker, um you know Amber, and Cyrus." He nodded to each of them but made the mistake of looking at Cyrus for too long.

The basketball team quickly eyed Cyrus, then each other. Noah said, "Oh my god dude, is this him?" He didn't think he was too obvious about his crush on Cyrus back when he was captain, but he knew he talked about him more than he should have. His face heated up.

"Yea," he said nonchalantly. The music had gotten a lot louder. The basketball team erupted in 'Ooo's' he heard Cyrus giggle.

When they finally calmed down, Noah put a hand on Cyrus' shoulder and said, "Cyrus, bro, run" Tj rolled his eyes, "I'm just kidding dude. Here, jello shots on me."

Noah and the team pulled and pushed the friends through the already crowded home. It seemed as though all of Jefferson had shown up to Angels party. There were kids scattered everywhere; on the stairs, on the couches, on the floor. Everywhere he looked there was a teenager he recognized.

Noah took them to what used to be a kitchen but was now a makeshift bar. Noah opened a cooler and handed took out little plastic cups with funny smelling jello. Cyrus took one and held it with both hands. He sniffed it and scrunched up his nose, TJ thought it was the cutest thing in the world. Being with Cyrus was too good to be true, he thought Cyrus would change his mind at any moment. He really really really did not want to mess it up.

TJ looked around and saw Andi, Buffy, Marty, and Jonah downing shots like nobody's business. Tj made eye contact with Amber who raised her eyebrows at him. Cyrus nudged him and looked up at him, "How-".

Tj quickly said, "You don't have to Cyrus." He didn't want Cyrus to feel like he needed it to have fun, they were only there partly because Tj had promised him there'd be karaoke. He didn't want Cyrus to get hurt.

Cyrus scoffed and mumbled, "I'm not fragile Tyler James" before chewing through the one he was holding, "Oh my god I love it give me more," Cyrus had the biggest smile on his face, TJ knew he'd have a rough day tomorrow.

"You sure?" Tj said, blocking his way from Noah.

"Yes, I'll be fine," Cyrus ducked under TJ's arm. By the time TJ walked over to the counter, Cyrus had eaten at least five more. TJ chuckled, James tapped his chest and gave him an approving smile. Tj took a couple of shots of his own, he knew he had a pretty high tolerance but he mostly didn't want to be completely wasted in front of Cyrus. He kept his eyes on Cyrus. The basketball team chanted Cyrus' name as he downed a clear liquid TJ knew would probably make him throw up again. He felt someone tap his shoulder, he was forced to look away from Cyrus for a moment.