The Kiss

Would you dance if I asked you to dance?
Or would you run and never look back?
Would you cry if you saw me crying?
And would you save my soul tonight?Would you tremble if I touched your lips?
Or would you laugh? Oh, please tell me this
Now would you die for the one you love?
Oh hold me in your arms tonight
- Hero, Enrique Iglesias

Would you dance if I asked you to dance?Or would you run and never look back?Would you cry if you saw me crying?And would you save my soul tonight?Would you tremble if I touched your lips?Or would you laugh? Oh, please tell me thisNow would you di...

It's a bit weird. One minute Peter's been avoiding me at the school and the next I get a message saying to meet him at his house. When I got there it was just his Aunt May and she let me in. She offered me tea and tried to make small talk. I get that she wants to break the silence, but I told her it was fine. She asked me if I knew why Tony would fire Peter and I half lied. I told her that he made one mistake. It was something Tony didn't like and that he warned him about, but it wasn't working out. I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that told me to tell her that I would try to get Peter his job back. She practically beamed after that.

"So Tony wanted you to attend school, I thought you graduated already," she wondered.

I nodded. "I did. But he wanted me to go help tutor some kids. Says to stay there until they pass their tests and all."

"Well, that's great. Maybe you could tutor Peter." She started chuckling. "There was this one time in the seventh grade when he wasn't passing PE. Peter kept training for the physical exam. You should have seen him, he kept doing all these exercise videos in his room. When it was time for him to do the 100-meter dash, he was out of breath in the first ten seconds."

"Well, it's running. Not everyone enjoys it," I piped up.

She nodded. "Well, that was the day Peter didn't have any clean gym shorts so the ones he had to wear were these skin tight ones. So he's running, but he was running weird. Then when he had to touch the line," she made a ripping noise, "there go the shorts."

I tried not to smile. "So Peter's shorts ripped in front of the whole school."

She chuckled while I heard the door open. "He's my nephew and I love him, but maybe I should have told him to not wear -" She looked behind me and smiled. "Hi, Peter. Look who's decided to visit."

I turned and gave Peter a little wave. "Raven?" Peter breathed. He dropped his bag while clearing his throat. He gave me a nervous smile while he crossed his arms. "Wha - What are you doing here?"

I slowly got up from the couch as I gave him a confused look. "You told me to come over, remember?"

"I did?" I gave him another confused look as he pulled his phone out. His eyes widen. "Damn it, Ned," he whispered. I raised my brow as he put his phone away. "I mean, yeah. I totally forgot about it."

"Peter, why didn't you tell me Raven was coming?" May asked. "I could have made some food instead of telling her about the time you ripped your shorts and had your my little po-"