“Where are we going?” She demanded.

“I guess you'll have to wait until we get there to find out.”

After he was done speaking, Varick covered her eyes with a piece of cloth, and her world went dark. He led her out of the room that had been her prison, to what she figured must be the main room of the house. She could hear men talking, and she assumed these were the other thieves, whom she had only seen for a moment or two during the robbery.

When the three of them entered the room, the room became quiet. Then, she heard one of the men let out a little whistle. It was good that she was tied up for the moment, or else she probably would've tried to slap him.

“That chick cleans up good,” She heard an unfamiliar voice speak.

“That's enough of that,” Josef spoke. “We need to focus. Are you all ready?”

“Yes, definitely ready.”

“Good, we're heading out now. You all know the plan, so just remember to stick to it.”

“Yes, sir!” A man's voice said, jokingly.

“Cut it out!”

“Whatever you say, boss.”

They left the room, Vesper still being led by Varick. Once again, she sensed when they were outside, for it was warmer out there. Though, she could tell it was much later in the day, for it had cooled down dramatically from what she remembered earlier. They reached their vehicle, apparently, for Varick helped her inside of it. It was not the van the had arrived in, this she could tell, because it felt like a much smaller car.

She was sitting in the back seat, she realized after hearing someone open a door in front of her and get into the driver's seat. That someone was Varick, she realized, when she felt Josef sit beside her in the back seat. The car was started, and began to move, but she couldn't see anything to help her figure out where they were going.

They drove on for awhile, for what seemed like forever to Vesper. The car was silent, for no one spoke, but she spent the time trying to listen for anything that might give her a hint to where they were. Unfortunately, no such sound came to her, and she became distressed at her lack of progress.

“You look uncomfortable,” said Josef, interrupting her thoughts.

“What?”

“Sitting with your hands behind your back,” He explained. “It doesn't look very comfortable.”

She thought he was mocking her, at first, making fun at her expense. She wanted to be angry and sad at the same time, she felt so vulnerable. But then he did something she did not expect. He began to reach behind her to untie the rope on her hands.

“If I untie you,” He said, his face close to hers. “You have to promise you won't remove the blindfold.”

“I promise.”

“If you're lying, I'll tie you up again, and I'll make sure you regret doing it.”

“I'm not, I promise.”

She didn't know whether or not he believed her, but he removed the rope from her hands, and she was able to sit more comfortably. She kept her promise, there wasn't much reason to break it. Even if she was able to see where they were, there was no way to know if she would recognize any of it. They could be anywhere, as far as she knew.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, they arrived at their destination. Wherever that was, exactly, Vesper didn't know. They seemed to be preparing to exit the car when Josef spoke again.