11: My Plan Is Set

11: The Plan Is Set

Harry’s POV

While Amy poured all of her feelings about Zayn out, I started to feel very knackered. Not like the “Oh, I’m a bit sleepy…” knackered, it was the “Bloody hell, let me sleep already!” knackered. My eyes start to droop but, Sam hits my leg to keep me awake. She hasn’t even bothered to talk to me this morning. It’s pissing me off. Maybe when we’re alone, I can talk to her. It’s definitely not my top priority but, I knew I had to. I just told Amy I wasn’t going to so she would shut up about the subject. She’s crying now and Lou’s being surprisingly comforting, her head buried into his chest as he softly coo’s to calm her. Sam looks choked up as well, blinking away the tears as she watches her best friend in agony.

“That’s sounds pretty scary.” Liam announces.

“It does.” Niall and Lou say in unison.

Everyone agrees.

“You guys didn’t have to wake up to her screaming. Lucky butts.” Sam pouts. “It scared me right out of the frickin bed.” Amy mumbles an apology and Sam forces a smile, accepting her apology. “It’s all right Boo. I understand. You must be hungry. Should I make us some lunch?”

“Yeah… You girls really have to stop waking up at two in the afternoon. You’re wasting your days!” Niall complains and Amy surprisingly giggles. He makes her laugh any day, which has me wishing I could make Sam do the same. Sam gets up and walks to the kitchen and I secretly follow her.

“Need help?” She jumps and whips around, her green eyes bouncing with color and I’ve never seen her eyes go so wide with surprisment.

“Oh, Um… Yeah. Sure.” She replies awkwardly and hands me a pot filled with water. “Boil the water for about fifteen minutes, then throw in whatever noodles  you want.” She instructs and I do as told, waiting by the stove as the water sits on it. Boring job, I must say. Sam walks towards the door to the kitchen and shuts it. The kitchen had a door? Blimey, I never knew that. After all those years of walking in and out of this kitchen, I just noticed it. It was probably open for Niall when he has his midnight snacks. I return to my pot of water, realizing the stove wasn’t even on. I sigh.

“Oh, come on!” I spat, turning the knob to HI. Sam comes back over and starts to cut vegetables. “So… What are we making?” She stifles a small and short laugh.

“Aren’t you the cook of this household? You should know what soup has in it.” I look away and blush. Wow. That’s embarrassing. She’s right. I do cook quite well though. Not to be cocky or anything. I smile to myself and watch as the water slowly starts to bubble. “I’ve been wanting to talk to you… about last night.” She continues to break the silence. Panic takes over me as I try to keep my gaze on the bubbling water.

“Is that so?” Is all I can say.

“Yeah… Your face… Is it okay?” She asks, and I chuckle awkwardly.

“Yeah, It should be fine. You?”

“Um, I didn’t get hit.” She says. Obviously, I just embarrassed myself again. When I’m panicky, I tend to say stupid stuff. Don’t blame me.

“Oh, right.” Everything is just bloody awkward now. If I hadn’t gone and talked to Zayn, I could be snuggled up with Sam on the couch watching Love Actually. Yes, I’m a sap. Get over it. “It’s my fault all this happened. I’m sorry for that.”

“No. It’s Zayn’s fault. If he didn’t bully Amy in the first place, none of this would have happened. Sure, my mom’s divorce would happen but, at least I’d be coming here with a smile on my face.” She says, choking up when she mentions her mom. “The last thing I said to her was to never get married again. The expression on her face was just… terrible. Her first divorce was bad enough, but her fourth? What the hell is she thinking?” She sniffles and throws the vegetables in my boiling pot along with the noodles I chose.