3: Secrets

3: Secrets

My heavy eyelids drooped open and I glanced over at the clock. Two in the afternoon?! What the hell?! I looked at my phone and I received a new text message.

Jude: Hey girlie! Be over in an hour. My mum is making me wash dishes… urgg…

I completely forgot about Jude coming over today. He sent that text… forty minutes ago. Wait. FORTY MINUTES AGO?! He’s going to be here in ten minutes! I scramble out of bed and burst out my door and into the bathroom, brushing my teeth with one hand as I brush my hair with the other. No time for a shower. I spit out the toothpaste, slap on some eyeliner and run back to my room, brush in hand and my eyes wide. I throw my brush on my bed and whip the closet doors open, grabbing my varsity jacket, a white tank top and a black skirt. I strip out of my PJ’s and put on my outfit. Then, the doorbell rings. I sprint downstairs, push in front of Liam before he answers the door, making sure Jude didn’t have to say hello to one of the guys before me. I fix my hair and skirt and open the door.

“Hey!” I greet and he smiles at me.

“Hey girlie. So, where are these jerks you’re living with?” He asks, peering around my shoulder and noticing Liam. Liam’s mouth drops open at the sight of Jude and his comment about him being a jerk.

“Nice to meet you too.” He scoffs and turns away, walking towards the other boys watching me.

“Sweet flat you’ve got here dudes. You’re one lucky arse Sam. Getting to live in this place must be awesome.” Jude states and I give a smile. I grab his wrist and start to drag him upstairs to my room, only for him to stop at the bottom step. “Are you going to introduce me?” he asks and waves a hand towards the four others. I roll my eyes and I walk back downstairs, sulking, I wave a hand at Niall.

“This is Niall, he’s scared of me.” I say, winking at his awkward smile. “Then there’s Zayn, Louis, and Harry. You met Harry though so, let’s go.” I say, quickly dragging Jude away from the guys.

“Use protection!” Zayn and Louis call and I keep going, flashing them the middle finger as I go. Jude chuckles and I open the door to my room, instantly walking over to my iHome.

“What kind of music you like?” I ask and he walks over.

“I really got to tell you something and if we’re going to be friends, I want to know if you’ll accept me for the person I am.” He says, his blue eyes staring into mine with concern. I scrunch my eyebrows and guide him over to my bed. I sit and he sits next to me, the bed sinking as he sits. I nod at him to proceed.

“Uhm… You promise not to judge me so quickly? I really like you and I’d like to chill with you more often after this.” He says and I nod again. He takes a big breath and looks down at the floor. “I’m gay. If you don’t like me now, just say so. I can leave.” I relax him by putting a hand on his shoulder. He was gay? Never would have thought. Why would he think I would not like him? I love gays really. I find them so inspirational. I smile at him.

“Do you have a boyfriend? If you do, can I meet him?” I ask. He sighs of relief and looks up at me, he was blushing. Signs that he was crushing on someone. “Oh my god. What’s his name Jude?! You totally like someone! Who is it?!” I ask excitedly and he covers my mouth with his hand and holds a finger up to his lips.

“Hush! Don’t want the lads to hear. But, yeah… his names Cameron.” He says blushing even harder. I smile widely and silently squeal wile bouncing up and down on my bed.

“That’s too cute! Jude! I’m so happy for you.” I say and he smiles back, showing his perfect teeth. Now I was sure I wasn’t crushing on him. I mean, I couldn’t! I wanted to set him up with that Cameron guy so badly because I wanted Jude to find someone for him.