28: Home This Christmas

Sam’s POV

I arrive at casa de One Direction. I don’t know what the hell I was doing. Just showing up at their house during their Christmas dinner seems like a bitch move. Oh well. Ever since my mom told me we were moving to London for good because I’ve been so miserable, I thought of a plan. I would ignore Harry until I got there then, I’d magically show up and surprise him! I thought it was a good plan until I find myself walking up the driveway to their house after exiting my new porche my mom bought me. I start to nervously fix my red and green dress my mom also bought me specifically for this party. I reach the door and softly knock. I hear a lot of discussion and then shuffling, but that soon stops for a couple minutes. I hear a soft “Ew” and I instantly know it’s Harry. Did he see me? Why would he say ew? Ouch. The door swings open and there he is. The cheeky, flirty boy I loved the whole time I was here before I left. His eyes widen.

“Hi, Harry.” I whisper. I can’t find my voice. It’s like he stole it from me. Instead of trying to find my voice, I wait for him to reply. Nothing. I look up at the little mistletoe someone hung up, probably Zayn. He’s always trying to score a kiss with Perrie. I mentally clear my throat.

 “Mistletoe, eh?” I say, finally proud of myself for finding my voice. Again, he doesn’t reply. Damn Harry, just answer me. This is awkward. To make matters worse, everyone else joins him to see what’s up. They all stop and stare just like Harry.

“What?” I croak and everyone blinks in astonishment.

“What the hell?” Niall finally says, which kind of hurt. It sounded like he didn’t want to see me.

“Nice to see you again.” Liam says with a big smile on his face. He lightly pushes the still staring Harry aside and gives me a peck on the cheek. He’s nice and warm, which helps because I’m still standing out here in the cold.

“Yo, girlie!” Jude and Daniel say in unison. I almost start crying I’m so happy to see them.

“Hi, love.” Zayn breathes. He looks quite relieved to see me, to be honest. I’m not complaining. I missed him a bunch too.

“Hi!” my lovely girlfriends scream with big smiles on their gorgeous faces. I smile back and wave.

I turn to Harry once again and I notice he’s looking up at the mistletoe. I give the girls a look and they shrug. Then, out of nowhere, his lips crash against mine, moving softly and slowly. His body heat takes me in as his arms wrap around my own body. I kind of just stand there in shock for a while until he pulls away.

“Hello to you too.” I peep. He chuckles and all the shock and confusion leaves his face. It’s replaced with the big smile that I love so much. Little dimples pop up as well, which makes me smile wide. “Come in.” he says. I walk in, remove my designer heels and Harry takes my coat. “Take a seat anywhere.” He insists and before I can sit, I’m bombarded with hugs from the girls. I almost suffocate.

“Ah… Can’t… Breathe… Girls…” I gasp. They pull away quickly with worried looks but, I just invited them back for another hug anyways. I missed our group hugs. I glance around and the only thing that has really changed is the furniture. The fire pit has a big orange, yellow and red fire lit and a bad of marshmallows leaning against the side.

“Yeah, we’re roasting marshmallows and such later on.” I jump and turn to see Niall. “Sorry about sounding so rude earlier.” He says while looking down at his brightly coloured Christmas socks. I sigh.

“Okay, is Zayn making you apologize or something?” I say and he blushes. I laugh and mess up his hair with my hand. “It’s fine, Nialler. Now, give me a hug before I tackle you.” He laughs his booming laugh and pulls me in. I hug my little Irish friend tightly and give him a kiss on the cheek to top it off, making him blush even harder.